Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

New UU Tier team with EVs lol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
Nova

Favorite Pokemon : Absol, Ninetales, Glaceon, Leafeon, Vaporeon, Suicune, Totidile, Quilava

New UU Tier team with EVs lol Empty
PostSubject: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:36 pm

There is no specific order but this is what i have right now.

1: Claydol @ Leftovers
Bold Nature / Levitate Ability
EV: 252 HP/ 114 Def/ 144 SP Atk
Moves: Earthquake, Psychic, Ice Beam, Explosion

Reason: The reason why i choose Claydol for my opener is because usually people have there main sweeper out first and this allows me to be able to by some time to stall them using Earthquake, Psychic, and Ice beam. But if he is going down well why not go out with a bang?

2: Charizard @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature / Blaze Ability
EV: 4 Def/ 252 SP Atk/ 252 Speed
Moves: Flamethrower, Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast

Reason: With Charizard's monsterus SP Atk, it will be a major contender will all pokemon, and its speed can make it go first alot of times. Flame Thrower is a strong move as well as all the others, it will be a major contender in a battle.

3: Absol @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature / Super Luck Ability
EV: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
Moves: Superpower, Psycho Cut, Pursuit, X-Sxissor

Reason: Same think as charizard except with absol, its Atk will be a monster

4: Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature / Torrent Ability
EV: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
Moves: Swords Dance, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Earthquake

Reason: Feraligatr is basicly the same as Absol.

5: Ninetales @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature / Flash Fire Ability
EV: 252 SP Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Speed
Moves: Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power

Reason: Ninetales is not as strong as charizard but don't count it out.

6: Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Calm Nature / Pressure Ability
EV: 252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SP Def
Moves: Shadowball, Will-O-Wisp, Rest, Sleep Talk

Reason: It is my last option so i needed to be able to rest to regain health then I can use Sleep talk to attack when a sleep.

Thank you for helping me with my new team! and FYI Im not that good to when it comes to explaining things.
Back to top Go down
FrozenVirus

Favorite Pokemon : Latias

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 7:06 pm

You might want to put some kind of entry hazard on your Claydol, such as Stealth Rock. And also, why have Earthquake when you're going with Bold nature? Use Earth Power instead, and pick between Psychic and Ice Beam. Replace one with Stealth Rock. Personally, I'd get rid of Psychic because it offers poor coverage. Also, the spread should be 144 Def / 114 SAtk, not the other way around.

Let me tell you something. You don't need two Fire-types on your team. Pick one or the other. Already, I can already tell that you're going to have a problem with Stealth Rock, as you lack a spinner. Remove Explosion from Claydol, and replace it with Rapid Spin. It's the only way your Charizard is going to get in without getting owned. Focus Blast, nah. Why not go with Focus Punch instead, and invest some EVs (36) into Attack (take them from Speed), and use a Naive nature. Life Orb is much more useful on this set.

No, no, no on Absol. An Absol without Sucker Punch, is like cheese without milk. This is undoubtedly THE most useful Absol set:

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant / Super Luck
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Superpower
~ Psycho Cut / Night Slash / Fire Blast

This set will do serious damage to an unsuspecting opponent, because nothing wants to take a STABed Sucker Punch coming from 788 attack, with Life Orb factored in. Superpower is a necessity for hitting Steel-types that resist Sucker Punch. Then you have an option for the last move. Psycho Cut will allow you to hit Weezing and Hitmontop for serious damage, something that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Night Slash, on the other hand, allows you to hit Ghost-types that want to WoW or Hypnosis you. With this kind of coverage, there is only one pokémon that resists this Absol, and it is SKARMORY. That is why Fire Blast may come in handy if you ever need to get rid of Skarm. In that case, you may want to go with Naughty or Lonely. It doesn't really matter, because both of Absol's defenses are equal crappy.

Feraligatr, wants Dragon Dance instead of Swords Dance. The thing isn't too fast, so the speed boosts will definitely help it.

Take out either Ninetales or Charizard please. Besides, Ninetales is only useful if it has Nasty Plot.

LOL RestTalk Spiritomb. Everything's good except your EV spread. Go with 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef please. This variant of Spiritomb is specifically designed to eliminate Gengar, so you need the extra SDef EVs so that unboosted Shadow Ball is a 4HKO.

Hope I helped ^_^
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 6:51 am

you seem to just have wacked your favourite pokemon on a team lol. Most leads set up stealth rock but if claydol had rapid spin she could get rid of them straight away, keep ice beam and earthquake make a good combo and you can make a pick on the oponents weaker defence, but change the nature so attack is not cut and keep explosion, or go for stealth rock. The problem with stealth rock is most leads carry taunt, so it's use is questionable, but could be useful midgame and so could explosion. If you opt for stealth rock and earthpower then keep your current nature, otherwise go for a relaxed nature (-speed, + defence).

Basically listen to frozen virus, if you get rapid spin you can make good use of charizard, otheriwse he is useless losing half his hp on the switch in, and with specs you will be forced to stay as if you switch in again you die, which is not great. Ninetales needs a choice scarf or nasty plot and a life orb and absol needs succer punch you "to make up for his poor speed", you said so yourself.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer
Nova

Favorite Pokemon : Absol, Ninetales, Glaceon, Leafeon, Vaporeon, Suicune, Totidile, Quilava

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:25 am

I dont have my any of my favs beside absol in there any more since i switched out ninetales for stelix with a monstures defense with the 252 EV

Instead of Ninetales;

Stelix @ Leftovers
Brave Nature / Rocl Head Ability
EV: 144 HP/ 114 Atk/ 252 Def
Moves: Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Toxic, Gyro Ball

With its monstures Defense it will be a great physical wall
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

that could work well, steelix likes explosion though, as a wall with no recovery likes to go out with a bang and it is very useful when you have decided you have no more need for that poke, it also stops oponents setting up, as you can explode and kill the set uppper, making his set up useless.

Steelix learns roar, and roar, toxic, stealth rock and EQ go well, roar gets rid of substitutes who prevent toxic and stops set upers, all teams like an phazer, it also add extra stealth rock damadge and if you predict the oponents switch, you use roar, and you roar away your counter so you are garunteed to get anyone except you counter and you get double stealth rock damadge in. Earthquake hits the steel and poison type for super effective damadge, oviously weezing and crobat are imune to your attacks in UU, but you can just roar them away to someone who can be toxic stalled.

If you choose roar, you could get rid of stealth rocks for explosion/gyro ball as you already have a stealth rocker and an extra attack is always wanted.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 am

Three Choice users on one team is really risky so I suggest you run Life Orb and Sword Dance on that Absol. Also, although Feraligatr is very bulky, he prefers Dragon Dance to Sword Dance for the boost to his mediocre speed.
Back to top Go down
Paco
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Paco

Favorite Pokemon : Gyarados

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:11 pm

good team excpe tu have a big water weakness. u need something to get rid of that Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New UU Tier team with EVs lol   New UU Tier team with EVs lol Empty

Back to top Go down

New UU Tier team with EVs lol
Page 1 of 1