Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

The Team.......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:06 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Team....... Dpmfa473The Team....... Dpmfa245The Team....... Dpmfa373The Team....... Dptr104The Team....... Dpmfsa481The Team....... Dpmfa068The Team....... Dpmfa143
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Team....... Dpmba473
Mamoswine (M) @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Comments: I love this Lead. It can set up Stealth Rock and then it can be used as a Sweeper of sorts later on. Ice Shard can rape Aero Leads with Ice Shard if they predict a SR also it has decent coverage and STAB Earthquake and Ice Shard. Even though Ice Shard isn’t particularly powerful (60 after STAB) it is very useful as I have picked off many weak Sweepers with it. This Mamo can occasionally survive a Bullet Punch from Scizor. I don’t know which set that is but it survived though it was barely.
I like Lefies on it but Focus Sash is there incase I get a lead that I know can OHKO me I can set up first turn (They will most likely too) and then I can take the attack which would OHKO me and hit back then Ice Sharding for the possible KO. (Credit to Sumeet)

Can Take Electric moves for Suicune.

The Team....... Dpmba245
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Comments: This is… well need I say anything? Well I’m going to anyway. Not the best coverage in the world but it will have to do. I’ve managed to set up 6 CMs before. I didn’t get a chance to see how much it would do to the Standard CurseLax as my Opponent Fled and well I think that a lot would flee after 6 CMs.
3CMs can stop a MixApe’s Grass Knot breaking my Sub which is useful. It also hits hard. Taunt does stop it working well if the opponent knows what you’re doing.

Can take Water, Steel, Ice for anything needing it.

The Team....... Dpmba373
Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Comments: This set just pwns. I’ve managed to win with this from 4-1 down. People just don’t seem to expect it… well in all honesty there’s not too much you can definitely expect from a Mence. There’s not too much I can say on this really except about the moves which there is no point doing. All I can say is it has helped me out of some tight spots.

Can take Ground attacks with ease for anything though I don’t have a weakness to it.

The Team....... Dpmbsa481
Mesprit @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/36 SAtk/96 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Light Screen

Comments: I absolutely adore this. With 105 Base Stats it’s nothing to laugh at. It has managed to take 3 Electivire T-Punches easily and a Crunch from a Mence living with over half. It hasn’t got much power but with its survivability it can dent things well. Light Screen is useful for my Team.
BoltBeam coverage is amazing and I chose Extrasensory over Psychic due to the Flinch effect and the PP. I have ran out of PP on Psychic before so I used this instead.

Can Take Psychic for Machamp and lots of other things. This is a real team supporter.

The Team....... Dpmba068
Machamp (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Earthquake

Comments:I prefer this to the other sets. Dynamic Punch is – in my opinion – really cheap so I thought I’d use this. CC has amazing Power and with CB it will be able to OHKO and 2HKO more Pokémon that may have been 2HKOs and 3HKOs without it.
More BoltBeam coverage along with EQ and CC make it able to hit a lot for SE damage. I’ve made it bulky rather than faster because Machamp is slow as it is. Not much more to say really.

More of a stand-alone can’t really take anything for many except Rock for Mence.

The Team....... Dpmba143
Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 168 HP/120 Def/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest/Selfdestruct
- Fire Punch

Comments:Never used this and I’m not sure how it will fare however I have high hopes for it. Standard really but Fire Punch is there to help with Scizor if I need it, Body Slam is STAB with the 30% chance to paralyse. Rest can heal me but Selfdestruct can make sure I go out with a bang and it gets STAB too… however I don’t know how it learns it.

Can take lots of different moves for the other members of my team e.g. Ghost for Mesprit.[/B]

Any Comments/Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

The Team....... Dpiconani473The Team....... Dpiconani245The Team....... Dpiconani373The Team....... Dpiconani481The Team....... Dpiconani068The Team....... Dpiconani143
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:43 am

machamp with guts could have toxic orb with protect and stone edge over thunder and ice punch. Protect helps to scout block explosions and activate your orb, with the orb you get the same boost but the ability to switch attacks and machamp becomes a sleep taker as it doesn't effect him if he is poisened, and the defence drop from close combat will comprimise machamps bulk anyway, so the damadge from poisen doesn't matter too much.

Lead choice mamoswine, scarf for outspeeding stuff, and band for power and OHKOing lead shucca berry heatran, it also makes ice shard 90 power, which becomes more than useful against dragons after a dragon dance.

I think snorlax could have crunch over body slam and sleep talk over fire punch, this set allows your to cusre up, take status and come in many times after resting off the damadge, if you don't have rest use imunity as poisen will ruin the snorlax.

also not many members help each other out, you have light screen and stealth rock, but appart from that everyone is concentrating on setting themselves up, so I would go with duel screen uxie over mesprit with u-turn and low speed to take a hit then switch to help all your set up sweepers, set up. Also a wish passing vaporeon can help heal your team over suicune, with hidden power electric and ice beam for coverage, wish and protect/baton pass (protect to heal yourself, baton pass to take a hit and pass the wish), this can heal most of your sweepers if you make a wrong move or want to heal them up to sweep again, it can really help snorlax if you choose not to have rest, and vaporeon has simular bulk to suicune, and more hp and with max defence bold nature makes an effective mixed wall/ physical wall.

Finally you could do with some fast instant power like a choice scarf machamp for revenge kills, someone with speed who doesn't need to set up, a choice band scizor is another option with bullet punch for revenge kills and superpower for walls.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading it, it's mainly helping other team members. hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:45 pm

george182 wrote:
machamp with guts could have toxic orb with protect and stone edge over thunder and ice punch. Protect helps to scout block explosions and activate your orb, with the orb you get the same boost but the ability to switch attacks and machamp becomes a sleep taker as it doesn't effect him if he is poisened, and the defence drop from close combat will comprimise machamps bulk anyway, so the damadge from poisen doesn't matter too much.

That's quite a good idea. I think I might test that. I like the idea of being able to switch but not being Badly Poisoned. I'll try it anyway

Lead choice mamoswine, scarf for outspeeding stuff, and band for power and OHKOing lead shucca berry heatran, it also makes ice shard 90 power, which becomes more than useful against dragons after a dragon dance.

No way. Completely ruins the lead. It's not meant to be a sweeper as such so I'm noy going to do that.

I think snorlax could have crunch over body slam and sleep talk over fire punch, this set allows your to cusre up, take status and come in many times after resting off the damadge, if you don't have rest use imunity as poisen will ruin the snorlax.

I'll use Rest I think. Immunity loses Thick Fat which is vital

also not many members help each other out, you have light screen and stealth rock, but appart from that everyone is concentrating on setting themselves up, so I would go with duel screen uxie over mesprit with u-turn and low speed to take a hit then switch to help all your set up sweepers, set up. Also a wish passing vaporeon can help heal your team over suicune, with hidden power electric and ice beam for coverage, wish and protect/baton pass (protect to heal yourself, baton pass to take a hit and pass the wish), this can heal most of your sweepers if you make a wrong move or want to heal them up to sweep again, it can really help snorlax if you choose not to have rest, and vaporeon has simular bulk to suicune, and more hp and with max defence bold nature makes an effective mixed wall/ physical wall.

I know that's the problem I can never do that effectively. I may scrap this team as it's pretty useless

Finally you could do with some fast instant power like a choice scarf machamp for revenge kills, someone with speed who doesn't need to set up, a choice band scizor is another option with bullet punch for revenge kills and superpower for walls.

I REFUSE to use Scizor. I don't care how many people tell me to I will still say a resounding "No"
I'll think about one but as I said I think I'm going to scrap it.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading it, it's mainly helping other team members. hope I helped.

No problem. The longer the better =D
Back to top Go down
Bosshog
Bosshog

Favorite Pokemon : THE HONCH!

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:02 pm

on Machamp instead of Toxic Orb its probably better to use Flame Orb since Guts states you don't get the drop in attack
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bosshog
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Bosshog wrote:
on Machamp instead of Toxic Orb its probably better to use Flame Orb since Guts states you don't get the drop in attack

I completely forgot about that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:21 pm

►AJ29◄ wrote:
Bosshog wrote:

I completely forgot about that. Thanks.

guts gets rid of the attack drop and adds on the 1.5 times boost.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

george182 wrote:
guts gets rid of the attack drop and adds on the 1.5 times boost.

I know. I can't believe I forgot that *Facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:30 am

Bosshog wrote:
we should battle i wanna see how this team works out.

You should've have posted this, you should know better. Sorry but *deleted*
Back to top Go down
Bosshog
Bosshog

Favorite Pokemon : THE HONCH!

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:48 am

Jude wrote:
Bosshog wrote:
we should battle i wanna see how this team works out.

You should've have posted this, you should know better. Sorry but *deleted*

how is that considered spam. Its a statement to a comment made.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bosshog
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 am

You can ask for battles on the chat. This is the RMT section, not a battling section.
Back to top Go down
FrozenVirus

Favorite Pokemon : Latias

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 pm

You could consider using Sleep Talk over EQ on Machamp as EQ and CC have redundant coverage. Helps absorb sleep, and the power boost is a plus. CB'd machamp with guts activated and a base 180 power move is nothing to laugh at. Payback is another option as well, as it hits Ghosts, something that you can't do right now.

Also I see you don't have anything to hit SD Luke with. Watch out for it. It could ruin your fun late game.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:58 pm

FrozenVirus wrote:
You could consider using Sleep Talk over EQ on Machamp as EQ and CC have redundant coverage. Helps absorb sleep, and the power boost is a plus. CB'd machamp with guts activated and a base 180 power move is nothing to laugh at. Payback is another option as well, as it hits Ghosts, something that you can't do right now.

Also I see you don't have anything to hit SD Luke with. Watch out for it. It could ruin your fun late game.

I'm pretty sure sleep doesn't activate guts, sleep talk is useful to make up for the lack of pp from dynamic punch and stone edge, and makes use of machamps bulk in which case no guard is a better ability for sleep talk.

But for guts and close combat a different set would be better, flame orb may be better on machamp I don't know how long you like to keep him in play for.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

FrozenVirus wrote:

Yeah good idea on Payback. I really need to think things through really.....

george182 wrote:
I'm pretty sure sleep doesn't activate guts, sleep talk is useful to make up for the lack of pp from dynamic punch and stone edge, and makes use of machamps bulk in which case no guard is a better ability for sleep talk.

But for guts and close combat a different set would be better, flame orb may be better on machamp I don't know how long you like to keep him in play for.

From Smogon: Guts - When this Pokémon is affected by burn, paralysis, poison, or sleep, its Attack is increased by 50%. Guts ignores burn's Attack drop

I'd want Machamp in play for a while.
Could you use a RestTalker with Flame Orb then? That could be useful to recover that damage and still attack with the Guts Boost from Sleep.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:07 pm

►AJ29◄ wrote:
FrozenVirus wrote:

Yeah good idea on Payback. I really need to think things through really.....

george182 wrote:

From Smogon: Guts - When this Pokémon is affected by burn, paralysis, poison, or sleep, its Attack is increased by 50%. Guts ignores burn's Attack drop

I'd want Machamp in play for a while.
Could you use a RestTalker with Flame Orb then? That could be useful to recover that damage and still attack with the Guts Boost from Sleep.

go with life orb then, becuase he can switch in too status for uber power, and the flame/toxic orb takes a turn to kick in, so everytime you wake up you will be lakcing power for a turn, life orb gets round this problem, leftovers can also be used for more survivability, I woudl stick with stone edge over payback but it's your choice., payback has more pp and beter type coverage, stone edge handles the flyign type & bug type, payback handles the ghost and physchic type.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:13 pm

george182 wrote:
go with life orb then, becuase he can switch in too status for uber power, and the flame/toxic orb takes a turn to kick in, so everytime you wake up you will be lakcing power for a turn, life orb gets round this problem, leftovers can also be used for more survivability, I woudl stick with stone edge over payback but it's your choice., payback has more pp and beter type coverage, stone edge handles the flyign type & bug type, payback handles the ghost and physchic type.

Yeah LO's good idea. Leftovers is tempting too but I do want raw power from Machamp.
I wouldn't really bother keeping it in against a Psychic type so I'll go with Stone Edge then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Team....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team.......   The Team....... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Team.......
Page 1 of 1