Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Rough Team - Help?

Go down 
+4
Bosshog
george182
Shaywin
starryday
8 posters
AuthorMessage
starryday
starryday

Favorite Pokemon : Camerupt

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:35 am

Okay, this is probably close to the worst team any of you have ever seen. XP Hence why I need some help with it. Being as lazy as I am when it comes to EVing, I used mainly pokes that I already have EVd or ready to EV, but I'm not completely against totally changing things around and having to breed and train something else. I'm not looking to become a complete master at battling, but I do want to be able to hold my own in battles. So, here's what I have right now. All help is appreciated.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252HP / 96SpA / 160 Def

- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

Espeon @ ???
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6HP / 252SpA / 252Spd

- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball

Zangoose @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6HP / 252Atk / 252Spd

- Close Combat
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252HP / 168Def / 28SpA / 72Spd

- Will-o-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- ?

Vaporeon @ Shell Bell
Nature: Calm
EVs: 128HP / 252Def / 128Spd

- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring
- Surf

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVs: 252Atk / 6Def / 252Spd

- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Let me know what you think - this is my first attempt at a real team, so obviously I'm not very skilled at it yet. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shaywin
Admin
Shaywin

Favorite Pokemon : Jumpluff

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:17 pm

starryday wrote:
Okay, this is probably close to the worst team any of you have ever seen. XP Hence why I need some help with it. Being as lazy as I am when it comes to EVing, I used mainly pokes that I already have EVd or ready to EV, but I'm not completely against totally changing things around and having to breed and train something else. I'm not looking to become a complete master at battling, but I do want to be able to hold my own in battles. So, here's what I have right now. All help is appreciated.

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 96Atk / 160 Def

- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Espeon @ Life Orb / Leftovers

- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Baton Pass / Hidden Power Fighting

Zangoose @ Life Orb (You should never use a Choice Item on a stat booster)

- Close Combat
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Arcanine @ Leftovers

- Will-o-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- HP Ground / HP Fighting / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Electric / Hidden Power Grass / Dragon Pulse

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring
- Surf

Lucario @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Nature: Adamant / Jolly

- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Let me know what you think - this is my first attempt at a real team, so obviously I'm not very skilled at it yet. Razz

Changes, Suggestions, and other options in red.
Back to top Go down
https://shaywin.forumotion.com
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:20 pm

espeon, I would go for a life orb for the power, or expert belt if you hate recoil.

zangoose, a choice scarf can make him a real threat in OU, with his high attack and the speed from a scarf, is much better than a choice band in my opinion, and don't give him sword dance and a choice item, becuase you can't make use of it.

hidden power ground goes well with your acanine set, otherwise dragon pulse gives perfect coverage, but lacks super efective hits.

vapreoon does not want a shell bell, to make use of it she needs to, on average, to be taking half health from every oponent every turn, including switching in (which is impossible) for it to equal leftovers, and the item clause isn't in standard rules, if it does concern you lum berry and sitrus berry are a better option, a salac berry (boost speed when below 1/4 hp) so you can pass on a speed boost to a sweeper.

Lucario can have sword dance over ice punch and crunch over stone edge, giving perfect type coverage and a one turn set up move, with life orb item there is not much capable of stopping lucario. 6 hp, is better than 6 def, because it boost sp.def aswel.

seeing you mass of sweepers i would swap espeon for cresselia giving you a good wall, I would go with light screen, and reflect to help sweepers set up see (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cresselia) for more information on movesets for cresselia.

Hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks a bunch to both of you. I'll make some revisions and edit when I'm done. Smile

And I should have thought about the Choice Band thing when I was picking items for them. XP I actually knew that, but just wasn't thinking.
Back to top Go down
Shaywin
Admin
Shaywin

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Anyways, was your Zangoose supposed to be a SD set or a Choice Band Set?
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:19 pm

Swords Dance.
Back to top Go down
Shaywin
Admin
Shaywin

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:53 pm

I would take off choice band then, it limits it to 1 attack, meaning if you use swords dance it'll be stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
Bosshog
Bosshog

Favorite Pokemon : THE HONCH!

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:00 am

Shaywin wrote:
starryday wrote:

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 96Atk / 160 Def

- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Espeon @ Life Orb / Leftovers

- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Baton Pass / Hidden Power Fighting

Zangoose @ Life Orb (You should never use a Choice Item on a stat booster)

- Close Combat
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Arcanine @ Leftovers

- Will-o-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- HP Ground / HP Fighting / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Electric / Hidden Power Grass / Dragon Pulse

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring
- Surf

Lucario @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Nature: Adamant / Jolly

- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Changes, Suggestions, and other options in red.

I agree with a lot of what you changed shaywin. Just a few things i would change however. Instead of Toxic on Swampert, i would put Protect. It helps for scouting on pokemon like Gengar or Latias that may hold Energy Ball and it also lets you get some extra leftovers in case you need a little more health to survive. You are going second with toxic because your speed isn't that great to begin with so you could possibly die if you have already taken significant damage. Espeon should be leftovers most of the time since you have calm mind. On Lucario, i would replace Ice Punch with Sword Dance. Lucario is one of, if not the best, late game sweeper thanks to his typing. With a sword dance, extremespeed takes out almost everything very fast that doesn't resist or isn't a wall.

Just a few thoughts
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bosshog
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Sword Dance on Zangoose is a no with CB. If using SD use a Life Orb.
I'm not sure if Toxic on Swampert's a good idea..
Leftovers on Vappy and use Wish over Aqua Ring

Everything else looks fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
FrozenVirus

Favorite Pokemon : Latias

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:22 pm

starryday wrote:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk

- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Earthquake

Nono on Toxic there. MixPert needs EQ for STAB, otherwise, it's not Mixed anymore xD. It helps 2HKO Metagross and Jirachi. And Impish is - SAtk, FYI, go with Relaxed so you don't have to sacrifice any attack stat. Your EV spread is a little...weird. I usually try to maximize Swampert's defense so that it can take Outrages from Mence and its kin. Plus, a Ice Beam after Mence switches into Stealth Rock is a OHKO regardless of how many SAtk EVs you invest. Hydro Pump > Surf imo. You can say no to the accuracy, but it hits things like Gliscor and Hippowdown A LOT harder. Has a potential to 2HKO Skarm too if it switches into SR.

Espeon @ Leftovers

- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball

Okay, I see that you're not going for pure OU here. Watch out, as this Espeon gets completely walled to hell by Steel types. If you can get HP Fighting use it over Signal Beam because it's redundant coverage with Shadow Ball. HP Fighting hits Dark-types anyways.

Zangoose @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly

- Close Combat
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Um. Jolly nature please. SD gives you enough attack boosts in the first place. And Zangoose isn't what one would call "Fast". And Life Orb is needed here as CB limits you to a single attack.

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Extremespeed
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Fang
- Iron Head

I don't know what purpose this bulky Arcanine serves on your team...Why don't you use the pure sweeper variant? Like a CB.

Vaporeon @ Shell Bell

- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Wish
- Surf

BPing Aqua Ring is like fail. Wish is much better, like AJ said. And to be telling the truth, Wishpassing Vappy only has its uses in BP chains, so why don't you just go with the generic bulky water variant?

Lucario @ Life Orb

- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

SD Luke isn't much of an SD Luke without SD. IMO you don't need Ice Punch as your Swampert can already deal with Mence and co. fine. Stone Edge is a bit redundant too, as it hits Mence and Gyarados. Don't even get me started on Gyarados, as it completely rips apart your team. Crunch is probably the better option as it allows you to not get walled by Ghost types, and Celebi.

Made some changes, and not really going to bother going through the threat list, as it is your first team.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:44 pm

starryday wrote:

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP / 96SpA / 160 Def

- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

You can replace Toxic with Earthquake. Just to make sure you're not Blissey walled.

Espeon @ ???

- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball

This is totally outclassed by Pokemon like Celebi and Alakazam running similar sets. How about you try them?

Zangoose @ Choice Band

- Close Combat
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Lolwut. Sword Dance with Choice Band doesn't make sense. You can Life Orb this or replace with SD Ape.

Arcanine @ Leftovers

- Will-o-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- ?

This thing is outclassed by Heatran in every single aspect. Try a substitute Heatran set:

Heatran@Leftovers
6 Hp / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid
-Substitute
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Earthpower

Vaporeon @ Shell Bell

- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Aqua Ring
- Surf

You have no one in particular to Baton Pass this to, so why don't you try Wish Support Vaporeon?

Vaporeon@Leftovers
188 Hp / 252 Defense / 68 Speed
Bold Nature
-Surf
-Wish
-Protect
-Hp [Electric]

This has great synergy with the Heatran set above. Toxic stall is fun don't you think? Anyway I have Hp [Electric] over Ice Beam because you have a massive Gyarados weakness. This should at least 2KO Gyarados.

Lucario @ Life Orb

- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

I know it's wrong to change too much but I'll just suggest a Bulky Sweeper here. With Wish Support from Vaporeon you could keep sweeping and sweeping to your heart's content.

[b]
Back to top Go down
Cooper
Cooper

Favorite Pokemon : Luxray! RAWR

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am

Well, everyone was a ***** to me when I posted my first RMT.
This is good for a first try. (is it a first try? Probably not. You're a mod.)
Only use physical attacks for swampert.

- Stealth Rock / Stone edge
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rough Team - Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Team - Help?   Rough Team - Help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rough Team - Help?
Page 1 of 1