Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KirinBlaze
KirinBlaze

Favorite Pokemon : All Fire-Types.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Empty
PostSubject: LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.   LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:50 pm

Figure I'll get into things here with a little RMT.
This is just a team I'm using until I get familiar with everything again.
Anyway, here I go. Lay it on me. I know this team is pretty bad.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_482
Azelf@Life Orb
Naive Nature
40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Taunt
-Explosion

The idea here is for Azelf to lead off and taunt any kind of set up lead. Forretress, Gyarados, Salamence, etc. It's not supposed to inflict any real damage but instead force the switch in which case I can predict this switch and bring in something to counter it. Psychic for STAB, Thunderbolt because I thought it would help me a bit more against things like Salamence and Gyarados then Flamethrower would, I lose being able to OHKO Scizor but the team has things to handle it and Scizor really isn't the type of lead off a team. Explosion to blow up as a last resort, but to really blow up on the teams special wall, making it easier for some of my team to get in and set up.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_392_s
Infernape@Life Orb
Hasty Nature
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Nasty Plot

My favorite Pokemon, he is indeed shiny. : D The standard MixApe since I didn't feel like breeding forever to try and get HP Ice. You know the deal about this guy, awesome at taking down walls and can be very dangerous is played correctly.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. 373
Salamence@Life Orb/Presim Berry (?)
Naive Nature
232 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe

-Outrage
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Salamence does work. He's also pretty gay. Smile I shouldn't have to explain this very much. xD Though I'm contemplating replacing Life Orb with Presim Berry to rid myself of Outrage confusion.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_212_m
Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
252 Atk / 76 HP / 176 Spe

-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

As good as Choice Band Scizor is I much prefer the freedom obtained without using a Choice item. I'm also not a huge fan of Superpower and even though I lose a lot of power by using Brick Break I also get to keep my Attack and Defense where they are, especially after some Swords Dance. I changed the EV spread here a bit because I wasn't too happy about the HP (289 Total) the old EV's gave him. This set comes out to 394 Atk, 300 HP, and 210 Spe with this set and the IV's I have for this guy. Other then that it's pretty self explanatory.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_242
Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm
252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD

-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

Awesome special wall is awesome. This Blissey is largely for team support. Aromatherapy will help cure any status ailments my team may encounter and TWave can help to cripple opposing sweepers making it easier for my own to do their job. Softboiled to heal myself and what not. Ice Beam cause it's pretty cool and junk.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4d_245
Suicune@Leftovers/Chesto Berry (?)
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe

-Surf
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Calm Mind
-Rest

Took me a while to get the right IV's for this guy. Anyway, pretty standard Cune if you ask me except for a few tweaks on the moveset. I wanted HPFire due to the fact that Salamence isn't going to take his chance staying in on Suicune to beging with and Gyarados sets up on Cune easily with or without Ice Beam on the set. HPFire is really key in combating other teams Scizors, ones like mine can set up on Suicune pretty easily but with HPFire I stand a very good chance at OHKO'ing them and getting rid of it completely thanks to their misjudging this Suicune. I'm using Rest over Sub for one reason, Scizor. I did the damage calculations and an X-Scissor from an Adamant Scizor with 394 Attack, Life Orb, and Technician will do a mininum of 129 Damage, more then 1/4 of Suicune's HP. Because of this trying to set up on this thing would be pretty pointless and against it I could just Calm Mind myself up then rest off the damage. I was thinking perhaps I should use a Chesto Berry with this set because if I do not wake myself up quick enough against the aforementioned Scizor it will stand at chance at KOing me. Azelf sort of helps Suicune by destroying the foes special wall with explosion, making it easier for Cune to switch in and set up. Suicune also does a nice job at taking Physical attacks as well as Fire Attacks that scare Scizor.

_________

And that's really it. I realize I lack any Stealth Rock on this team or ways to get rid of it and Spikes with Rapid Spin. Though with the kind of Pokemon on this team the only one who is going to really be afraid of SR is Salamence but Azelf offers a way, with Taunt, to stop potential set up leads who will try and do this. However the options disappears if Azelf does what it's main job is an explodes on the Special Wall while something else has SR.

So yeah, like I said. This team has its drawbacks and it seems pretty bad (to me anyway) but it's all I've got at the moment. xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kirinblazefang
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.   LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:28 pm

KirinBlaze wrote:
Figure I'll get into things here with a little RMT.
This is just a team I'm using until I get familiar with everything again.
Anyway, here I go. Lay it on me. I know this team is pretty bad.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_482
Azelf@Life Orb
Naive Nature
40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Taunt
-Explosion

Good

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_392_s
Infernape@Life Orb
Hasty Nature
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Nasty Plot

NPApe. A bit different but it's still an Ape which are predictable.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. 373
Salamence@Life Orb/Presim Berry (?)
Naive Nature
232 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe

-Outrage
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Mixmence has just overruled this really. DDMence is no-where near as popular as it was. Well if you want to keep it then do. It's a good set nonetheless.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_212_m
Scizor@Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
252 Atk / 76 HP / 176 Spe

-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Scizor is Scizor really. Good.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4p_242
Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm
252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD

-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

A meh really. Scizor checks this so badly and with the amount of Physical running around Blissey's use has taken a nosedive out the sky. I guess it's ok.

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Spr_4d_245
Suicune@Leftovers/Chesto Berry (?)
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe

-Surf
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Calm Mind
-Rest

Nothing much to say but I like the HP Fire Idea. Pretty original and seems to come in handy as no-one expects it.

_________

And that's really it. I realize I lack any Stealth Rock on this team or ways to get rid of it and Spikes with Rapid Spin. Though with the kind of Pokemon on this team the only one who is going to really be afraid of SR is Salamence but Azelf offers a way, with Taunt, to stop potential set up leads who will try and do this. However the options disappears if Azelf does what it's main job is an explodes on the Special Wall while something else has SR.

So yeah, like I said. This team has its drawbacks and it seems pretty bad (to me anyway) but it's all I've got at the moment. xD

Comments in Bold and Red.
Thank you for posting an RMT I don't have to close because it doesn't comply with the rules Very Happy
There's some originality mixed in there but most of those are easily predictable.
I could see Scarf Latias and other Scarfers giving you problems. Without Ice Beam Cune can't handle Latias anymore. You only have Blissey to wall and that doesn't last forever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
m1jb
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
m1jb

PostSubject: Re: LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.   LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 pm

i like th idea about the suicune hp fire FTW XD
Back to top Go down
raul crager

PostSubject: Re: LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.   LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:38 am

m1jb wrote:
i like th idea about the suicune hp fire FTW XD

Might i ask why?=O
For one the hp fire seems noval but i see no point.Like you say Gyarados just easily sets up on you and you cant do anything about it.For scizor you carry Salamence so i dont see why hp fire is needed

Your blissey is plain easy physical kill.Change it to Bold with 252 sp def/252 def since it has a lot of hp to spare

Get rid of Thundrbolt for stealth rocks.They do good =]
Back to top Go down
KirinBlaze
KirinBlaze

Favorite Pokemon : All Fire-Types.

PostSubject: Re: LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.   LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Scizor sees Suicune as Set Up Fodder.

Suicune may be able to lure out the opponents Scizor in false confidence, then hit it with an HP Fire as it predicts my switch and tries to set up. Switching Salamence into Scizor from Cune only give Scizor a free Swords Dance then he can just Bullet Punch through him.

There is a point to HPFire.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kirinblazefang
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.   LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team. Empty

Back to top Go down

LOLTeam. Well not really. Just a pretty standard OU team.
Page 1 of 1