Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

UU Team - On the Right Track?

Go down 
+2
george182
starryday
6 posters
AuthorMessage
starryday
starryday

Favorite Pokemon : Camerupt

UU Team - On the Right Track? Empty
PostSubject: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:48 pm

Alright, I think I finally have a good grasp on what I'm doing here. -.- This is my UU team, I'm willing to change it up and stuff because it's only a shoddy team for now.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfsa407
Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes

Comments: Well to get the ball rolling, Roserade provides Toxic Spikes which can benefit a bulky team like mine greatly. As you can see, I have a pretty big Stealth Rock weakness and Roserade can generally prevent Stealth Rocks with Sleep Powder. Hidden Power fires keeps me from being walled by Steels ^_^

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfa379
Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Comments: You might be wondering WTF Thunder Wave and Toxic Spikes? Well Thunder Wave is here to help against Honchcrow, which can do a number on this team and Thunder Wave let's me revenge kill it with Moltres. Stealth Rocks are pretty beneficial for any team and don't need much explaining. Iron Head is for STAB and Earthquake is just being Earthquake.
UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfa146
Moltres @ Choice Specs
Modest
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Fighting
- U-Turn

Comments: Moltres really keeps the contast pressure on my opponent and Overheat coming from his Special Attack does massive damage on anything that doesn't resist it outright. Air Slash and Hidden Power Fighting round out coverage while U-Turn allows me to Scout for counters.
UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfa257
Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Thunderpunch
- Stone Edge

Comments: The best UU Revenge Killer imo and a basic check to almost all of my major problems. It covers Crobat and Honchcrow while also hitting all major Grass and Poison types in UU for good damage. Not much to say on him.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfsa277
Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Jolly
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect
- U-Turn

Comments: If you haven't seen one of these pull of a sweep, you haven't lived. When other scarfers are gone this guy can rip through walls. U-Turn is to scout for counters who may appear later.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfsa350
Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spa
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Light Screen
- Recover

The ultimate team support and Light Screen support. With Recover and Light Screen up I can completely Toxi-stall the opponent to hell. Hypnosis is generally a filler and Surf is to prevent Taunt Crobat from getting the better of me.

Credit to Jude for certain unimportant things.

Last edited by starryday on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:25 pm

um, it kind of needs some more reasoning, for example on feraligator why have you chosen a choice band, why does he have waterfall and earthquake when they have poor duel coverage (both resited by grass and neaither can hit the common dragons, and they are both superefective agaisnt rock and fire). why crunch, is it for coverage or do you have a ghost weakness.

You have nothing agaisnt stall teams, dragon dancer's or anyone with speed. Priority moves or a choice scarf will solve this problem, and set up moves like sword dance help break stall. You also have no special wall.

I don't know many good uu pokes, so that will have to be down to you to pick them. Registeel will give you an amazing special wall rivalling blissey, with physical defence that is better than most common gliscor and with t-wave he can handle fast pokemon and siesmic toss for solid damadge. Rapidash would be better switching to ninetails who learns nasty plot, or houndoom who also learns nasty plot, as blissey is not a problem in uu, special sweeping shouldn't be too much of a problem late game.

Check out the rmt rules thread, cus if jump sees this he will probably lock it as there is not enough information!
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:17 pm

hm... =/ guess i'm not on the right track, haha.

and i thought i had all the required info? minus pictures, that is. i'll go read the rules again, but i thought i gave enough information to rate the team on.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:47 am

Starry all I can say is that you lack synergy =/. If you're running an Anti Lead, you don't really need a Rapin Spinner. I'm not completely familiar with the UU metagame, but I think Choice Banded Azumarill would give you massive problems. The best way to deal with that would generally be smart predicting. Anything with a Scarf really gives you massive problems so I suggest you Scarf someone here. That's up to you though.
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Alright, totally mixed things up. Still need to get it all prettied up, but there's the basic info for now. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Sorry to be a prick but could you add descriptions for why those Pokemon are in the team and put the ev's underneath the nature? Once again sorry for being a prick -.- ... rules ya know?
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Mhm, sure. I was getting around to the descriptions, but I didn't realize that the EVs had to be there. XD But totally cool, I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Common Poster
Common Poster
Tom

Favorite Pokemon : Missingknows

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 6:21 pm

nice roserade.ill trade for it.sorry i had to bring trading up,now every1s gonna bash me saying this isnt a trade hub.... Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisDPG
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
ChrisDPG

Favorite Pokemon : Charmeleon

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:11 am

starryday wrote:
Alright, I think I finally have a good grasp on what I'm doing here. -.- This is my UU team, I'm willing to change it up and stuff because it's only a shoddy team for now.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfsa407
Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes

Comments: Well to get the ball rolling, Roserade provides Toxic Spikes which can benefit a bulky team like mine greatly. As you can see, I have a pretty big Stealth Rock weakness and Roserade can generally prevent Stealth Rocks with Sleep Powder. Hidden Power fires keeps me from being walled by Steels ^_^

Easiest pokemon to set up a DD.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfa379
Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Comments: You might be wondering WTF Thunder Wave and Toxic Spikes? Well Thunder Wave is here to help against Honchcrow, which can do a number on this team and Thunder Wave let's me revenge kill it with Moltres. Stealth Rocks are pretty beneficial for any team and don't need much explaining. Iron Head is for STAB and Earthquake is just being Earthquake.

A Stone Edge to Honchkrow will suffice over twave. Try...

-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Thunder Punch/Stealth Rock

I don't really see stealth rock as a necessity here.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfa146
Moltres @ Choice Specs
Modest
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- Overheat
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Fighting
- U-Turn

Comments: Moltres really keeps the contast pressure on my opponent and Overheat coming from his Special Attack does massive damage on anything that doesn't resist it outright. Air Slash and Hidden Power Fighting round out coverage while U-Turn allows me to Scout for counters.

No complaints here.
UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfa257
Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Thunderpunch
- Stone Edge

Comments: The best UU Revenge Killer imo and a basic check to almost all of my major problems. It covers Crobat and Honchcrow while also hitting all major Grass and Poison types in UU for good damage. Not much to say on him.

I'm a bit unsure myself. I would use sky uppercut over superpower so there would be no drop. That's just me, you do what you think fits your team best.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfsa277
Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Jolly
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect
- U-Turn

Comments: If you haven't seen one of these pull of a sweep, you haven't lived. When other scarfers are gone this guy can rip through walls. U-Turn is to scout for counters who may appear later.

Orb Swellow is a beast. ._. STAB boosted facade ftw.

UU Team - On the Right Track? Dpmfsa350
Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spa
- Surf
- Hypnosis
- Light Screen
- Recover

The ultimate team support and Light Screen support. With Recover and Light Screen up I can completely Toxi-stall the opponent to hell. Hypnosis is generally a filler and Surf is to prevent Taunt Crobat from getting the better of me.

Nothing to argue about here. If dragons are getting in your face you might want to use ice beam over hypnosis, since you already have two other statusers.

Credit to Jude for certain unimportant things.

All I have to say is bolded in the quote.
Back to top Go down
Bosshog
Bosshog

Favorite Pokemon : THE HONCH!

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am

Use fire orb on swellow. Guts negates the minus in attack you get and just gives you the 1.5 boost. its alot better having a constant loss in life than a increasing one with toxic orb
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bosshog
starryday
starryday

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks Jude for the help with the thread, first and foremost. haha

Chris: Alrighty. Not sure what to replace Roserade with, but I'll hunt around for another lead. I'll try the other set on Registeel, and will keep in mind that Ice Beam is an option with Milotic.

Bosshog: Yeah, I see your point, I'll switch to Flame Orb for now, but I kinda like the idea of extra attack power with the Toxic Orb.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:58 am

You get the same Guts boost with Toxic Orb and Flame Orb and Pokemon with Guts don't have the attack drops...so Flame Orb is generally the better idea o.o

You have a bit of a Psychic weakness...I'm not sure who other than Slowbro would give you the most problem but you might want to make a second Psychic resistance
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 am

Ok, toxic orb is the better option.

Heres why, after 3 turns the damdge fom toxic orb is equal to flame orb and if your u-turning on the last turn thats 4 attacks. Normally you will only attack once or twice without switching out, making toxic orb a much better option.

However if you are staying in for 4 turns every single time, then a flame orb is an option, but you will be sweeping anyway as if they get a hit in it will kill you so a toxic orb is just as good in this situation.

So bassically if you are sweeping 6-0 with sweelow and some poke has to take 2 hit's you will need a flame orb, however, in any other situation a toxic orb will surfice and is genaerally better and only use a flame orb if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UU Team - On the Right Track?   UU Team - On the Right Track? Empty

Back to top Go down

UU Team - On the Right Track?
Page 1 of 1