Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GriddleBone
GriddleBone

Favorite Pokemon : Persian, Jolteon, Eevee(all of them)in that order!

Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Empty
PostSubject: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello all, i'm having a bit of dificulty with my team. You see i love walls. I really like stallers, annoyers, and just plain bulky pokemon. I have made this particular team and I have used it a few times, but I don't think I am quite as well rounded as i would like. I Would like to replace a few of the pokemon,I will state which ones. I could use a few suggestions. I know i got a lot of issues with this, i see that when battle, but i really can't seem to see how to fix them, very confusing to me LOL. Thanks in advance!

HartBreakr
Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X 197umbreon
Umbreon@Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Hp 252/ Def 120 / S.Def 138
IV's: 27/31/31/18/22/9
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Payback/ Suckerpunch

My Umbreon is my lead pokemon usually. I generally use him as a lead because He can usually take hits from most leads well, and I can either toxic and poison them, or wish and switch to something that can pose more of a threat. This particular set pokemon has saved my butt in soooo many battles. He can Stall a life orbed electivire with cross chop( not sure on nature) and i can switch him into attacks and not worry about him losing too much HP. As a whole, he is a pretty important part of my team.

Titan
Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Zapdos
Zapdos@Lifeorb
Nature; Bold
HP: 140 / Def 112 / S.Atk 200 / Spd 56
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-Thunderwave

OMGG...I spent like...6 weeks at powerplant in LG for this sucker. Hidden power ground wasn't exactly want I wanted, but after so long, I really didnt care, though sometimes I come up agaisnt a magnezone and I cant do anything to it...-_-;. Titan is my special attacker/ def wall dude. i ended up EVing him differently then I was going to originally, but he turned out ok. He has enough speed for me, but plenty of Special attack.

IRONMAN!
Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Skarmory
Skarmory@Lifeorb
Nature: Adamant
HP 252 / 102 Atk / 156 Spd
-Sword Dance
-Drill Peck
-Pursuit
-Roost

Man, when I first EV'ed this guy I had the hardest time deciding which i should keep, pursuit or steel wing. I get very unlucky, and steel wing always misses, but people tend to switch once I get a sword dance on. Not sure on this one, but i LOVE this guy. I have so much fun with him. I figured that the only thing that drill peck couldnt hurt much is steel typed defensive pokes, that i would be ok with not using steel wing. I would much rather suprise people anyway.

CatNap
Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Uxie
Uxie@Mind Plate/Leftovers
Calm
IV's : 31/17/28/22/31/29
HP: 200 / Def 188 / 60 S.Atk / 60 S.Def
-Calm mind /Grass knot
-Extrasensory
-Rest
-Sleeptalk

I throw cat in whenever I am stuck, and I need some time. It is a wonderful staller but it doesn't help me as much as i would like. I would really like to maybe switch this out for something similar, becuase I like the concept but it just cant do what I want it to. I originally had grass knot on uxie, but i switched to calm mind to extend its life while asleep.

Skeeter
Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Flygon
Flygon@Muscle band
Nature : Adamant
HP: 252 / Atk 102 / Def 156
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Earthquake
-Fire punch / Dragon claw

He is my newest addition, and i am not satisfied with him much. I really cant say much for him, he doesnt seem to have as much potential as i thought. I have absolutly no idea what to do with him now.

Mrs.Potter
Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Blissey
Blissey@leftovers
Bold
HP:148 / Def 252 / S. Atk 108
-Flamethrower / Icebeam
-Softboiled
-Stealth rock
-Aromatheropy

This girl is my fix-it / do- it pokemon. I throw her all over the place. She sets up stealth rock for me , pretty easily too, and she fixes anything wrong with my party plus she annoys other common set up pokemon like skarmory, foretress etc. She is a basic Blissey really, I don't really care much for blissey, it is so over used that it makes me sick. Any suggestions on this would be gladly taken.

Last edited by GriddleBone on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

Favorite Pokemon : Spiritomb/Honchkrow/Dusknoir

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:57 pm

GriddleBone wrote:
Hello all, i'm having a bit of dificulty with my team. You see i love walls. I really like stallers, annoyers, and just plain bulky pokemon. I have made this particular team and I have used it a few times, but I don't think I am quite as well rounded as i would like. I Would like to replace a few of the pokemon,I will state which ones. I could use a few suggestions. I know i got a lot of issues with this, i see that when battle, but i really can't seem to see how to fix them, very confusing to me LOL. Thanks in advance!

HartBreakr
Umbreon@Leftovers
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Payback/ Suckerpunch
This looks like it works pretty well, except your taunted to easily. One taunt and your down 3 moves.

I wouldn't change it, but I'd lead with another pokemon

My Umbreon is my lead pokemon usually. I generally use him as a lead because He can usually take hits from most leads well, and I can either toxic and poison them, or wish and switch to something that can pose more of a threat. This particular set pokemon has saved my butt in soooo many battles. He can Stall a life orbed electivire with cross chop( not sure on nature) and i can switch him into attacks and not worry about him losing too much HP. As a whole, he is a pretty important part of my team.

Titan
Zapdos@Lifeorb
Nature; Bold
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-Thunderwave

Eww, This set bothers me a bit. Its not really bulky enough, and Heat wave over Twave would work better. Anti Scizor and then anti Tran with HP Ground. I'd switch around a few things in the EV spread like throwing a bit more in HP, and switching LO to lefties

OMGG...I spent like...6 weeks at powerplant in LG for this sucker. Hidden power ground wasn't exactly want I wanted, but after so long, I really didnt care, though sometimes I come up agaisnt a magnezone and I cant do anything to it...-_-;. Titan is my special attacker/ def wall dude. i ended up EVing him differently then I was going to originally, but he turned out ok. He has enough speed for me, but plenty of Special attack.

IRONMAN!
Skarmory@Lifeorb
-Sword Dance
-Drill Peck
-Pursuit
-Roost

Another interesting set. Although I'd switch LO for lefties.

another pokemon walled by steel

Man, when I first EV'ed this guy I had the hardest time deciding which i should keep, pursuit or steel wing. I get very unlucky, and steel wing always misses, but people tend to switch once I get a sword dance on. Not sure on this one, but i LOVE this guy. I have so much fun with him. I figured that the only thing that drill peck couldnt hurt much is steel typed defensive pokes, that i would be ok with not using steel wing. I would much rather suprise people anyway.

CatNap
Calm
-Calm mind /Grass knot
-Extrasensory
-Rest
-Sleeptalk

This is an interesting set. I wouldn't run Rest/talk though. Maybe... Para/CM/Extrasensory/Shadow ball or Grass Knot

seeing as how its walled easily by steels either way.

I throw cat in whenever I am stuck, and I need some time. It is a wonderful staller but it doesn't help me as much as i would like. I would really like to maybe switch this out for something similar, becuase I like the concept but it just cant do what I want it to. I originally had grass knot on uxie, but i switched to calm mind to extend its life while asleep.

Skeeter
Flygon@Muscle band
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

He is my newest addition, and i am not satisfied with him much. I really cant say much for him, he doesnt seem to have as much potential as i thought. I have absolutly no idea what to do with him now.

Maybe switching around HP and Attack might help?

Speed never hurt though.

I would pull the old scarfgon into use over this.

Mrs.Potter
Blissey@leftovers
Bold
HP:252 / Def 252 / S. Atk 108
-Flamethrower / Icebeam
-Softboiled
-Stealth rock
-Aromatheropy

uhm... okay... that doesn't break 510 at all.

Blissey is really annoying. I don't recommend it at all seeing as how its so boring OUwhorish and easy to use. There are SOOO many more spongeing spDef walls out there.

This girl is my fix-it / do- it pokemon. I throw her all over the place. She sets up stealth rock for me , pretty easily too, and she fixes anything wrong with my party plus she annoys other common set up pokemon like skarmory, foretress etc. She is a basic Blissey really, I don't really care much for blissey, it is so over used that it makes me sick. Any suggestions on this would be gladly taken.

I'm not the Jesus Christ of team rating, but I know when things don't work.

This team could use a bit of improvement, but its nice to see a stall team for a change.
Back to top Go down
GriddleBone
GriddleBone

Favorite Pokemon : Persian, Jolteon, Eevee(all of them)in that order!

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:57 pm

LOL i don't know how I messed up typing blisseys Ev's rofl sorry! I fixed it. Here's my response to your post Smile

And I thought about using heatwave over Twave on zapdos originally,... but i love Twave so much! But I am gonna switch it, cause, it does make a lot more sense that way. I like having 200 evs in S. Atk, I could add to hp, but it would mean dropping speed, and I'm not sure how well that would go?

I've used leftovers on skarmory before, but if you let me I can have lefties on every pokemon I have lol sometimes i just can't get more then 1 sword dance on, and life orb does wonders to help when I don't have the time.

Lol you would be surprised how well sleeptalk/rest uxie works, but I am i bit bored with it. i may switch it up likethat, to see how it goes.

As for flygon and blissey, i really have no idea about them, I agree, i hate blissey, but i needed a Special wall and someone traded it to me. flygon... it is just bla to me, i tried it because i needed something to add some kind of diversity to my team, to no avail.

I thought about adding a snorlax or metagross to my team, but then, i would have absolutely no steel counter. I like Entei, i may try one out...
Back to top Go down
Lilcrazy
Common Poster
Common Poster
Lilcrazy

Badges : Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Form
Favorite Pokemon : Espeon

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:20 am

Yea this team has many flaws.

First to start off why is umbreon your lead? Umbreon does not do well as a lead. Your basically giving your opponent a full set up. If umbreon is a lead it should carry taunt to prevent slower leads from setting rocks up.

Second Zapdos dosent do well as a mix wall and sweeper, its one or the other. I think your Zapdos would do much better as a wall. Maybe a bold nature, 252 hp evs, 252 def, 4 spa with Thunderbolt, Heatwave, Roost, Roar.

Third off I think skarmory should be your phazer. Skarmory dosent have the type coverage to pull off a sweep, so it should be a wall. Switch life orb for lefties and teach it Spikes, Roar, roost, Drill Peck/Brave Bird with a Impish nature

As for uxie I think its fine. Replace extrasensory for psychic and it could be a good set. Although if your running calm mind you should run a bold nature as opposed to a calm nature since your going to be raising spd anyway.

Flygon should run LO rather than muscle band. LO has much more power, the 1.1 change and the 1.3 change will really make a difference. Plus you have roost if you think the 10% chipping of hp is to much. Also flygon should have max attk and speed, but if you want bulk take the evs out of speed not attack.

Finally the only one I think is o.k is Bliss.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 am

Lilcrazy wrote:

First to start off why is umbreon your lead? Umbreon does not do well as a lead. Your basically giving your opponent a full set up. If umbreon is a lead it should carry taunt to prevent slower leads from setting rocks up.

Second Zapdos dosent do well as a mix wall and sweeper, its one or the other. I think your Zapdos would do much better as a wall. Maybe a bold nature, 252 hp evs, 252 def, 4 spa with Thunderbolt, Heatwave, Roost, Roar.

Third off I think skarmory should be your phazer. Skarmory dosent have the type coverage to pull off a sweep, so it should be a wall. Switch life orb for lefties and teach it Spikes, Roar, roost, Drill Peck/Brave Bird with a Impish nature

As for uxie I think its fine. Replace extrasensory for psychic and it could be a good set. Although if your running calm mind you should run a bold nature as opposed to a calm nature since your going to be raising spd anyway.

Flygon should run LO rather than muscle band. LO has much more power, the 1.1 change and the 1.3 change will really make a difference. Plus you have roost if you think the 10% chipping of hp is to much. Also flygon should have max attk and speed, but if you want bulk take the evs out of speed not attack.

>.> you would think Bliss is o.k
Back to top Go down
Lilcrazy
Common Poster
Common Poster
Lilcrazy

Badges : Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Form
Favorite Pokemon : Espeon

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:51 am

lol I said uxie was o.k, just needed to change natures.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:46 am

Lilcrazy wrote:

I think I made my point
Back to top Go down
raul crager

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:10 am

Umbreon as lead just wont do in todays metagame where azelfs and aerodactyl's rule.One taunt and your screwed =O
Back to top Go down
Cooper
Cooper

Favorite Pokemon : Luxray! RAWR

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

GriddleBone wrote:

HartBreakr
Umbreon@Leftovers
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Payback/ Suckerpunch

A lucario swords dance - close combat and this thing is DOWN. I suggest a poke that can use stealth rock. And beware of taunt.

Titan
Zapdos@Lifeorb
Nature; Bold
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-Hidden Power (Ground)
-Thunderwave

Heatwave is a must.

IRONMAN!
Skarmory@Lifeorb
-Sword Dance
-Drill Peck
-Pursuit
-Roost

CatNap
Calm
-Calm mind /Grass knot
-Extrasensory
-Rest
-Sleeptalk

Leftovers over mind plate. And Calm mind over grass knot. I think Azelf does everything Uxie does better.

Skeeter
Flygon@Muscle band
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Earthquake

He does not do much for your team. That's for sure.

Mrs.Potter
Blissey@leftovers
Bold
HP:148 / Def 252 / S. Atk 108
-Flamethrower / Icebeam
-Softboiled
-Stealth rock
-Aromatheropy

Oh god I hate these pink spheres of douchebaggery. Stealth rock is useless if you don't use it from the start.
[b][b]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X   Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate / Help my Team, Please X_X
Page 1 of 1