Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Rate my UU team [ Revamped]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Legend31

Favorite Pokemon : that's a good question

Rate my UU team [ Revamped] Empty
PostSubject: Rate my UU team [ Revamped]   Rate my UU team [ Revamped] EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Uxie @ Light Clay
Impish
252 HP/ 176 Def/ 82 Speed
-Stealth Rock
-Light Screen
-Reflect
U-Turn

The idea with this guy is to set up SR from the get go then proceed to provide screens for my team, and then do a bit of damage with U-Turn before bringing in another poke.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP/ 8 Attack/ 248 Special Defense
-Toxic Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Drapion is a sturdy enough pokemon to come in easily and set up my toxic spikes, it has Crunch for STAB, and EQ for taking on the poisons and steels that may decide to switch in on my spikes, and whirlwind is there to help pick up residual damage, and is especially helpful if i predict a switch. Maxing out her HP adds to overall bulkiness. And this Drapion is sporting Battle Armor to prevent an untimely crit.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Lonely
248 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack / 4 Def/ 4 Sp. Def
-Confuse Ray
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
Spiritomb is quickly becoming one of my favorite pokemon. He is a solid defensive poke, sporting 3 immunities and no weaknesses, it can also come in to block anyone trying to spin my rocks and spikes away. Confuse Ray is used to possibly force switches and to gain a free turn to instantly double its special attack with Nasty Plot. Once it does get in a NP it can easily shrug off most attacks and then proceed to be a bit of a special sweeper with the perfect coverage provided by Shadow Ball and HP Fighting.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 4 Special Defense/ 252 Defense
-Surf
-Psychic
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave

Slowbro fills my teams "bulky water" request. He takes hits extremely well on the physical side, and with a light screen up it becomes a very taxing poke to take down. Thunder Wave is there to slow things down to my speed and slower, and possibly provide a free turn to Slack Off. Surf and Psychic provide fairly powerful STAB moves with Slowbro's decent Special Attack. Now, I could've went with Ice Beam for better coverage but i felt Psychic would fit better on my team since i may be seeing a lot of poison type swtich-ins due to Toxic Spikes, plus a lucky Special Defense drop will come in handy when facing other bulky waters.

Altaria @ Life Orb
Calm
252 HP/ 200 Defensive/ 56 Special Defense
-Roost
-Sing
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower

This defensive Altaria goes along with the overall defensive/stally feel of my team. It can instantly recover and heal off Life Orb recoil with Roost, put things to sleep (maybe) with sing, hit things fairly hard with Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower. She also acts as a Sleep absorber of sorts with Natural Cure. I am thinking of making her more powerful by replacing DP/Flamethrower with Draco Meteor and Fire Blast, although I have found that the fairly poor accuracy of Fire Blast tends to screw me over at times.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Special Attack
-Surf
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Rapid Spin

Blastoise makes for a bulky spinner which, after clearing SR, helps Altaria come in unscathed. Rest/Sleep Talk allow me to use this 'Toise as a status absorber and Surf is there for STAB. Not much else to say about this guy.

Now, when making this team I wanted to make more than just 6 pokes so that i could freely mix and match whenever i got bored of a certain guy, so here are some other options to my team, feel free to add/subtract any you feel necessary/unnecessary:

DontSpin, the Mismagius @ Leftovers
Timid
4HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Pain Split
Mismagius comes in on spinners/earthquakers and CM's on the switch. She then either CM's again or attacks with Shadow Ball for STAB and T-Bolt for coverage, and possibly parahax. Now, this is designed as a substitute for Spiritomb and since it is not as bulky on the physical end, it uses its high speed, thanks to Timid nature, to Pain Split in tight situations to provide some recovery and PS is her only way to punish Special Walls.

Arcanine@ Leftovers
Bold
240 HP/ 168 Defense/ 28 Special Attack/ 72 Speed
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-HP Ground
-Roar

Arcanine is used as a replacement phazer for Drapion, he sports Intimidate and WoW to cripple physical attackers, he uses Roar, and with the spread is bulky enough to pull it off, to gain residual damage/ scout counters. Flamethrower is used for STAB over Fire Blast because of reasons mentioned in the Altaria description. And finally, HP ground is there to punish other Arcanine, Ninetails, and Flareons that think they can come in to get a free boost to their Fire attacks.

Luxray @ Life Orb
Rash
120 Attack/ 136 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-HP Grass

Luxray is there to provide a physical attacker that this team sorely needs, however, non-STAB Crunch Ice Fang won't be sweeping many teams even though this guy has 305 attack. T-Bolt is there because Luxray's physical electric attacks are, to be blunt, weak. If only this thing could learn Volt Tackle...but since he can't I'll move on. Crunch is a nice attack and any defense drops are greatly welcomed. Ice Fang is used to provide a pseudo boltbeam combo of sorts. And HP Grass is used to hit physically defensive ground types that are lacking on Special Defense, I'm looking at you Donphan, and hit Gastrodon and Quagsire very hard. This guy can potentially be a pretty good poke but I don't feel he's bulky enough to earn a real spot on my team, maybe another time Luxray.

First off I'd like to apologize for the lack of pictures, I read the RMT rules and followed the instructions on how to get pictures but I couldn't get it to work, any help would be appreciated.
Secondly, I've just noticed that this team really has no Physical attackers other than Drapion, which isn't very intimidating Attack-wise, so any suggestions for such a pokemon to fit with my team would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Legend31 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: Rate my UU team [ Revamped]   Rate my UU team [ Revamped] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:36 am

good team, not many pokes help each other out, e.g. wish passers, screens, but you have stealth rock, sleep and toxic, which helps. Overall good team I can't find any flaws.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: Rate my UU team [ Revamped]   Rate my UU team [ Revamped] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Use Taunt on Persian definately. It shuts down Pokes trying to set up. It's really useful. I think Hypnosis is pretty much useless nowadays so I would get rid of that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: Rate my UU team [ Revamped]   Rate my UU team [ Revamped] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:49 pm

You have a major Fighting weakness and Espeon can't take too many blows as it is. I suggest you take out Absol and put in something that at least resists Fighting, a Ghost would be preferable.

Also, any Choice Scarfer with decent coverage is going to mess around your team badly. That is why you need your own Choice Scarf'd Pokemon

Try Leftovers or a Choice Band on Azumarill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate my UU team [ Revamped]   Rate my UU team [ Revamped] Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate my UU team [ Revamped]
Page 1 of 1