Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FrozenVirus

Favorite Pokemon : Latias

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Empty
PostSubject: I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.   I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:38 pm

After spending the past 3 months being a hardcore event collector, I've decided to go back to the competitive battling community. Sure, I've had a couple of battles in the past 3 months, but they've mostly been friendly ones, and UU ones as well. Frankly, I have no idea what's going on in the OU metagame now. So help me please ^_^.

My Team at a Glance:
I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmfa461I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmfa448I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmfa260I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmfa485I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmfa094I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpffa488

Detailed Analysis

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmba461
ONoUDont the Weavile @ Focus Sash
Hasty / Pressure
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Taunt
~ Counter
~ Fake Out
~ Ice Punch

I love this thing simply because of its ability to deal with a lot of the common OU leads; suicude leads, bulky leads, and Baton Passers alike. Against Aerodactyl, a Fake Out + Ice Punch combo is essentially a guaranteed 2HKO. Against Azelf, Fake Out + Ice Punch probably can't 2HKO (correct me if I'm wrong), but since I outspeed it, it only has two options: set up Stealth Rock and leave Weavile with the Sash, or break the Sash and die without setting up SR. If Azelf does the former, Weavile will still be able to take two hits, and still be able to annoy another day. In addition, there isn't a single pokémon (barring Weavile) on my team that is weak to Stealth Rock. If Azelf chooses the latter, well it's pretty much self-explantory. No residual damage for me ^_^. If Bronzong or Forretress try to set up Rocks/Spikes/Toxic Spikes, I Taunt, then Counter Gyro Ball and OHKO. You know the drill. If they Gyro Ball me first, I switch to Heatran, and Sub up ('cause they'll most likely run). Weavile also renders Smeargle useless, and silences Ninjask to some extent (does Fake Out hit through Protect btw?).

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmba448
UzTehForce the Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly / Inner Focus
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Extremespeed
~ Crunch

Jolly > Adamant simply because I had being outsped, and Crunch > Ice Punch because Kingdra, Swampert, and Gengar can deal with Gliscor and random Dragons. What can I say? Luke is just plain awesome. With a nasty stat boosting move in Swords Dance, and access to Extremespeed (along with an extremely powerful Close Combat), I feel no need to finish this paragrah.

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmba260
mudkipzz the Swampert @ Choice Band
Adamant / Torrent
156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Stone Edge

Electivire used to occupy this spot, before I realised that I had 3 pokémon on my team that were weak to Ground (including Heatran, who is 4x weak). Electivire's main purpose was to absorb Thunder Waves (mainly common from Blissey...and Miltank), and then sweep with 433 speed, enough to outspeed essentially any non-scarfed pokémon. Swampert doesn't get the speed boost, but it is immune to Thunder Wave nonetheless, and Blissey can't really do much to it. Plus, most people don't even expect to see CBPert, which leads them to believe that all it can do is dish out weak Earthquakes and Waterfalls, and go "Roar!".

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmba485
2Hot4U the Heatran @ Life Orb
Naive / Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse / Substitute
~ Explosion

Well, this is essentially your standard Life Orb Heatran. I figured, since I had two Fire weaknesses, why not put in a Heatran? Fire Blast over Flamethrower simply because of the massive power boost, especially with Flash Fire factored in, and Earth Power for obvious reasons. If Blissey annoys me too much, or if I'm running low on HP, I Explode and usually get a KO. Dragon Pulse is really a filler, as I Wi-fi battle and its hard to get the right Hidden Powers with legends. Dragon Pulse really can't do much, as all the Dragons outspeed me, and can KO with Earthquake. That's why I was considering Substitute. It may seem a little weird because of Heatran's lack of stat-boosting moves, but I figured if Scizor and Forretress are going to run from me 95% of the time, why not take advantage of that?

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmba094
UCantSeeMe the Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Psychic

This is my DDGyara Mence / other random Dragon counter. It can also beat out all unscarfed versions of Starmie, and even Scarfed versions that lack Psychic have trouble with it. Shadow Ball for STAB. Psychic may seem like an odd option because of the non-STABness and overall horrible coverage, but if my Cresselia doesn't run Psychic, and neither does Gengar (I used Focus Blast here before), then I'm essentially a sitting duck when MixApe comes onto the stage. This Gengar does have trouble with Pursuit users (namely TTar and Weavile) without Focus Blast, and Scizor can take anything it can dish out.

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpfba488
IShudBUber the Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold / Levitate
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
~ Ice Beam / Psychic / Shadow Ball
~ Moonlight
~ Thunder Wave
~ Calm Mind

I swear to God, every single time I see a Cresselia when I battle on Wi-Fi (especially if I'm using my UU team, which is useless against Cresselia), I think, "Not that bitch again". This thing honestly DOESN'T FREAKING DIE. It's annoying as hell. That being said, I decided to use my own Cresselia. This is sort of a mix between Calm Mind Cress and your standard bulky Cress. It may seem sort of unorthodox, but I figured that if Suicune can do it, then Cresselia probably can as well. It does have horrendous unboosted offensive stats, but it also has higher HP and SDef, which makes it harder to take down. An Earthquake immunity helps as well. And I really don't know what to pick between Ice Beam, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.

Replacement for Swampert:

I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Dpmba230
ImABeast the Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Adamant / Sniper
(Not sure about EV spread)
~ Dragon Dance
~ Substitute
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall

Well, it's a beast. Unlike Flygon, it has access to Dragon Dance, and unlike Salamence and Dragonite, it doesn't have that nasty quad Ice weakness, or the weakness to Stealth Rock. All in all, Kingdra is a pokémon that is very difficult to OHKO because of its lack of weaknesses and bulkiness. With no Water resistance on my team, I turned to Kingdra. The idea is simple. I switch into a Water or Fire attack (4x resist ^_^) that is more often than not Choiced, and Substitute while they switch. Then I'm free to set up Dragon Dance, and Outrage / Waterfall or whatever. Better yet, I switch into Blissey, who will more often than not try to Thunder Wave me (this is where I Sub Up). On this turn, I Dragon Dance, and she Seismic Tosses or whatever. My sub's broken, and she'll probably switch out, and this is where I get another Dragon Dance up. Lum Berry makes it so that I get a DD up no matter what (without my speed lowering), and if it isn't used, it helps to cure confusion once I'm done my Outrage.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.   I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 1:59 pm

you could take taunt off weavile and replace it with pursuit, or night slash, gives you an option for trappin leads like azelf, and a weavile could help with late game revenge kills
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.   I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Pretty good for a person who's just come into the new metagame. Now a couple nitpicks:

-Heatran can move those four ev's in Hp to Attack to boost Explosion's power.

-I see CB Scizor with an Offensive Celebi with Earth Power sweeping this team pretty well. One way you can stop this is to make sure you hide Gengar's Scarf as long as you can. The problem there is though, if Gengar is caught by the Scizor's Pursuit, Celebi and Scizor have a field day on this team.

-You could run Modest on Gengar for more damage output.

-On Kingdra I'll suggest this EV spread for you: 24 Hp / 252 Attack / 232 Speed. This leaves you bulk and and enough speed to outspeed all base 130's after a Dragon Dance, most notably Jolteon.

Nice work on the team, good luck with it
Back to top Go down
Paco
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Paco

Favorite Pokemon : Gyarados

PostSubject: Re: I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.   I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:18 pm

forgengar i think u shud add energy ball insteadinstead os psychic 2 take down perts. other then that nice team Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.   I hate Cresselia.  OU RMT. Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate Cresselia. OU RMT.
Page 1 of 1