Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Hey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

Favorite Pokemon : Spiritomb/Honchkrow/Dusknoir

Hey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members. - Page 2 Empty
PostHey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members.

I say we should keep this site as active as possible until jack comes back or we all mutually decide to give up.

that means you the members should try to get on another to come back AND spread the word every now and then. I will try to be as active as possible. I should be on my computer more since I'm starting to write music on it and stuff.

Don't let Shaywin die so easily D:

-SHB
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Hey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members. :: Comments

Nova
Re: Hey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members.
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:58 am by Nova
Which pokemon shlould i do next?
Brad64
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm by Brad64
SHould We get back on Topic? I would. We can't let Shaywin die! Cmon people! POST COMMENT DO SOMETHING!
starryday
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:41 pm by starryday
SecondHeartbeat wrote:

as long as I'm in charge ass isn't a curse word as long as it's not paired with hole and not directed at another member
surely you members are mature enough to handle that word >.> it's not 'that' bad of one

'Specially considering some of the language that got thrown around on the chat in the old days.... -.- *rolls eyes* luckily some of us have matured a bit since then... *points at self*

ANYWAY! I can make some more sprites and Nova can do more recolors. I was thinking today that maybe we could turn them into little virtual trading cards, and people could collect them and it'd just be a fun addition to the forum. People could recieve them for different things, such as:

- Joining
- Posting 25 times (and then various milestones after that, such as 100, 200, 300, etc)
- Submitting a useful guide
- Donating to a site auction or raffle
- Advertising

I'll go make an example real quick, so you get an idea of what I'm saying.

Edit: I was thinkin summit like this:

Hey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members. - Page 2 Ei47i8
Nova
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:32 pm by Nova
You sure you would be able to do that? since if thats the case people would either need to choose which one of the two theyed want or we would both have to make one of every pokemon so people can choose when they won an award... if that makes since
Brad64
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:04 pm by Brad64
Good idea
Nova
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm by Nova
well we need alot more people but it would be fun for me...
starryday
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:17 pm by starryday
Hm... didn't think real hard about it haha

What if we each made a bunch of them, and then when they won one, they'd just get a random one from either one of us? Like, we could have them all stashed somewhere where people can't just pick them for themselves, and when a person won one, one of us would just put their name on it and give it to them.

...if that made any sense at all
Nova
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm by Nova
lol i like people to comment on my work... lol we could make 10 and have people chose 1 out of 5 and always rotate them out so they wont always be able to figure it out
starryday
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:34 am by starryday
That would work. =D
MudkipsLazah
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:16 am by MudkipsLazah
Ooh...that is a good idea Exclamation
Nova
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:32 am by Nova
I think like we should choose starters first and then as they go along they will evolve like regulars then so on and so on, im actually thinking of a way to make a regular pokemon game on here just without like graphics lol, (probibly won't catch on) but right now im actually trying to think of a way to get my custom sprites on pokemon soul silver, which would be cool...
or i could make something like with this old site was with that dealt with dragon eggs you collect them watch them grow then after a while boom they hatch, only problem is i dont know how to do that but it would be really kool if we could get it to work
starryday
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 am by starryday
Ooh oooh ooooh! Good idea! I know how to do that! Very Happy All you need is a site to host the pics, then you just edit the picture without editing the name, and bam! Tinypic won't work, but Photobucket might. I can test it out.

As for a pokemon game that doesn't need complex coding and the like, what about having your objective something simple, like completing a pokedex? We could have it be like a mini-RPG-thing with lots of graphics and unique sprites and stuff.

Like, you start out by choosing a personal sprite and a starter pokemon. And then there'd be a way to train it... Since none of us are gifted with coding, it'd have to be simple.... here're a couple ideas for training

- Based on posts around the site. Like the card idea, your pokemon would gain experience when you post, donate to, or otherwise help with the site.
- Actually roleplaying training your pokemon, then a mod would evaluate the post and your pokemon would gain experience based on it
- Time. That is, every level lasts a certain number of days.
- Clicks. I don't think it's hard to record how many times something has been clicked. I'll research it in a minute

So, no matter which method we decide on, pokemon would need a certain amount of experience to level up. At certain levels, you can choose to make your pokemon evolve. We could incorporate moves into it, too. But there'd really be no point in having moves unless there was a battling system. I'll think on that later. haha

Then there'd need to be a way to catch more pokemon. Some ideas for that:

- We could have them appear at random when browsing the site. Of course, then there would be duplicates. But it's not hard to make a random image appear
- When participating in the site, same as levelling. If we did that, though, I'd say choose a different method for training
- Every, say, 2 weeks, all active members could recieve an egg

That's all I've got for now. Want to make a new thread talking about the possibility of this game, so that we don't clog this up?
Nova
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:28 am by Nova
Glad your a mind reader so I don't have to type lol we can start out with eggs then have them hatch into special pokemon (recolors) only one per person except for me since i make them lol, the rest would be normal and it would grow like that, kind like the gpx or something website that i just found from you lol
starryday
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:10 pm by starryday
lol Yeah I kinda got some ideas from that. Very Happy But I made sure it was different somehow. Ours won't be anywhere near as complex, but it'll still be a cool little collectable thing. I'll make a new thread to post the sprites and stuff for now.
Brad64
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:27 pm by Brad64
Im gonna contact Pk Indigo to see if he can join!
Nova
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:24 pm by Nova
starryday wrote:
lol Yeah I kinda got some ideas from that. Very Happy But I made sure it was different somehow. Ours won't be anywhere near as complex, but it'll still be a cool little collectable thing. I'll make a new thread to post the sprites and stuff for now.

And don;t forget the sprites will be a different color then normal/shiny kind of like a rare egg thing, and i dont think it is a good idea to post the sprites for the stuff lol

Brad64 wrote:

He? and whats pk indigo?
starryday
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:38 pm by starryday
Good point. I made the thread already, with a list of things I think are pressing issues. One of us should probably just keep a folder on our computer with all the sprites, and that'll be who updates the eggs and stuff.
Nova
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:40 pm by Nova
or you can get on aim since im on for once and ill explain my idea lol
Brad64
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:22 pm by Brad64
Nova wrote:
starryday wrote:

And don;t forget the sprites will be a different color then normal/shiny kind of like a rare egg thing, and i dont think it is a good idea to post the sprites for the stuff lol

Brad64 wrote:

He? and whats pk indigo?
Pk Indigo is an online game based on Pokemon. The owner's username is therefore Pk Indigo URL: www.pokemonindigo.com
Nova
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:45 pm by Nova
join here lol i thought someone was going to go join there lol im so tired i cant even think right lol
superandrew2
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:22 pm by superandrew2
im back
Nexus
Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 pm by Nexus
yeah ass isnt cussing, im just telling you i like ass, sooooooo onwards to the ass idea amiritee? :/

Hey Guys! Or at least the few surviving members.

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2