Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Just Some Ideas

Go down 
+2
Jude
starryday
6 posters
AuthorMessage
starryday
starryday

Favorite Pokemon : Camerupt

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:30 pm

I was just thinking of some things that would be neat for the site to have. I don't know how easy some of them would be to put into action, but I figured I'd share anyway.

- Pokemon Titles:

Okay, I thought of this a few weeks back and kinda like it, even if it is totally unconventional. The basic concept is that your pokemon can earn awards based on their accomplishments in battles. Pokemon would have to go through an evaluation process by a panel of judges to determine if it deserves the award. The pokemon would be judged on moveset, stats, battling, and also judged on the owner's presentation of it. If a pokemon is given a passing score by all of the judges(I was thinking 2-3 would be enough), then it is awarded the title of Champion. People could apply to have their pokemon evaluated, and would have to present their pokemon's information to the judges. Not only does the actual information matter, but so does the presentation of the information(though the content is more important, of course). And, of course, this information would be checked via wifi. Anyone who lies will recieve some sort of punishment, but I don't really know what would be appropriate. Then there'd be a battle between each judge and the pokemon that's trying for the title, and the pokemon is judged not solely on whether or not it wins in a 1-on-1 match, but also on the strategy which the owner applies. A pokemon can theoretically lose an eval battle but still get the award overall.

Hope that makes sense. If the staff think it's a worthwhile idea, I could easily do an example to explain it more clearly.

- Weekly/Monthly Contests:

I love the giveaways that Shaywin's been doing, but I was thinking that another way to promote the site would be through contests. There could be graphics contests, training contests(like, everyone is given a pokemon of the same species, and they have to train it within a certain period of time, and then there's a tournament at the end between the contestants), breeding contests, etc. Just another way to get even more activity.

- Pokemon "Academy"

I know some sites have done things similar to this, but I like the idea. Basically, it's a way to help newbies become more competitive in the trading and battling aspects of the game. People like me, who can't battle worth shiz, could be paired up with an expert battler who helps train them in making and perfecting the use of their own team. And then people who want to be able to get what they want in trades could also be taught how to do things like IV breed, EV train, and shiny hunt. More of a tutoring program, I guess, than an academy, but I know I'd be quick to sign up to learn more about battling.

So... I hope my ideas aren't that horrible. I do want this site to excel, and I'm just trying to see what I can do to help out. Smile I hope I'm not being overly zealous, just let me know if I am.

edit: Oooh, and thanks to future237 for making me think of this: what about a contest dex? I don't know if any actually exists on the web, but that's something I could probably actually help think of movesets and stuff for, plus it would be nice for people who want to try contests. XP
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:52 pm

I like the contest and academy ideas, first one not so much lol. I'll talk to Jack about it ;D
Back to top Go down
Shaywin
Admin
Shaywin

Favorite Pokemon : Jumpluff

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah I was totally thinking of that Starryday, thanks for the inspiration.
Back to top Go down
https://shaywin.forumotion.com
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

Favorite Pokemon : Spiritomb/Honchkrow/Dusknoir

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Ehh the first one, not so much.
The other two were good ideas though.
I think Serebii has a contest move dex .-.

But I can definitely see one or both of the other two happening
Back to top Go down
temo
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
temo

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard, Deoxys

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:28 pm

I agree with SHB the first idea is good, but its probably hard to do, I would say all the others are good too, You should post a topic on the Pokemon center with the Pokemon academy. Try to get it started.

I think SHB said the first one wasn't so good. But I like the Academy you got started. Props to you, my friend.
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

Favorite Pokemon : Camerupt

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:44 pm

lol Yeah I didn't think the first idea would be that popular, it's just the kind of thing that I like - I'm actually writing a pokemon story involving a similar idea.

And I'll try to get that Academy started. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
m1jb
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
m1jb

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 8:18 pm

nice job starry i think the weekly/monthly contest would be a nice touch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Some Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Some Ideas   Just Some Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Some Ideas
Page 1 of 1