Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

the sandstorm beast (Remade)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Empty
PostSubject: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:10 am

You have probably seen me posting comments here and there, mainly in the rate my team section, well here is my team, it's been going well for me Smile This is my sandstorm team, which is all about setting up lucario.

Team at a glance:
- Jirachi
- Tyranitar
- Gliscor
- Vaporeon
- Latias
- Lucario

Team in depth:

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Jirachi
Lead Jirachi @ Occu berry
Nature: Hasty/ Naive (need advice)
Ev's: 252 attack, 176 speed, 80 sp.atk
Moves:
- Stealth rock
- Body slam
- Iron head
- U-turn

This is amazing, on faster threats I body slam first turn, it breaks the sash and has a 60% chance of paralysis, if the oponenent is paralised I'm safe to set up stealth rocks, if not they are likely to switch not wanting to be crippled and I can set up Stealth rocks anyway. U-turn for scouting if I'm taunted and iron head is for paraflinch on weakend oponents, the ev's allow me to outspeed jolly lucario amoungts others and an occu berry means I don't fear any other leads and can paralise infernape and heatran crippling them for the rest of the match.

Favourite KO: An uber noob I swept his team 6-0, but vaporeon took out there heatran and Jirachi para flinched the rest.

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Tyranitar
Tyranitar @ leftovers
Nature: Quiet
Ev's: 252 Hp, 52 atk, 204 sp.Atk
Moves:
- Substitute
- Dark pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus punch

This is my boah, I sub up and with the low speed and great defences and a high chance of the oponent switching, I easily get a sub up, allowing me to take on my counter, avoid status and crits and get a free focus punch. T-tar is also an amazing special wall spunging hits and hitting back hard, as long as they don't have focus blast! But this set is mainly tailored to take out the comon walls, mainly steel who threaten to stall out my team. Flamethrower hit's the walls supereffectively, mainly steel who resist my stab. Darkpulse is good stab, hit's other physical walls who stay need taking down. Focus punch hit's special walls like umbreon, blissey and snorlax, who may think it is safe after I reveal my soft side with dark pulse, but soon change there mind as they rember tyranitars monterous attack stat. The ev's reach 317 atk and 304 sp.ak so this is not a gimmick set and really works as a mixed wall breaker and with 404 hp, I get 101 hp subs which can take a siesmic toss and not break. Fire blast only gains a OHKO's skarmory who is not a threat as I use latias and vaporeon to take down skarm and the accuracy is annoying at the worst of times.

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Gliscor
Gliscor @ leftovers
Nature: impish
Ev's: 252 Hp, 216 speed, 40 def
Moves:
- Earthquake
- Sword dance
- roost
- Baton pass

My Lucario counter, can take anythign but ice punch and can OHKO with earthquake, I could use a jolly nature but I prefer defence and this is my physical wall, earthquake is a great stab move supper effectiv against five types and nails lucario. Sword dance can be passed to lucario or Jirachi and the great bulk and speed is very useful. Sand veil helps me roost stall and get off an extra sword dance great baton passer and can sweep a little herself, overall great resistances fro this team.

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Vaporeon
Vaporeon @ leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 188 hp, 252 def, 68 Sp.Atk
Moves
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden power electric

the ultimate water counter, switch in on a water move heel up due to water absorb and counter with hidden power electric. Wish heels my team, mainly Latias who always gets down to yellow, and tyranitar who is always subing up. Protect is useful for healing myself, sandstorm stalling, scouting and making bounce, fly dive and other two turn attackers useless. Surf for stab and countering heatran mainly, ice beam is an option for type coverage, but I am usless agains't fire types and steel types. The main purpose is to heal my team and take out water types and counter gyrados.

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Latias
Latias @ choice scarf
Nature: timid
Ev's: 252 sp, atk, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
Moves:
- Dracco meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- T-bolt

scarf latias is amazing, timid means I can outpace any threat including dragon dance salamence after a dragon dance with a jolly nature. Surf for type coverage and t-bolt for water types, flying types and better type coverage. Dracco meteor is just for power as I am lacking power and I useually switch out after anyway. Trick cripples walls and pursuit users like weavile, meaning lucario gets a free sword dance. It is also good fun outspeeding heatran who thinks he is faster than me. This is just a great revenge killer and switch it with loads of resitances and amazing sp.def.

the sandstorm beast (Remade) Lucario

Lucario @ Life orb
Nature: adamant
Ev's: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4hp
Moves:
- Sword dance
- Extreame speed
- Crunch
- Close combat

With an instant set up move, doubling my attack, and a high chance of the oponent switching to a counter, backed up by the most powerful and reliable priority move in the game, there is not wonder this has been called the best late game sweeper in OU, crunch is for type coverage, as ice punch is pretty useless with an adamant nature, and stone edge missing will cost lucario's life. The ev's explain themselves, max speed for none scarfed heatran, and max attack for power, bulk is not needed as this lucario is not meant to take a hit. After some sword dances from gliscor only gengar and mismagius stand in my way and latias can easily take them out. Lucario finnishes almost every match and is definately needed in this team.

So theres my team. The team is working well and even fairs well against uberz, but I supose Jirachi, Tyranitar, and latias are commonly used in ubers. You may have also notcied, I have the best lead, best sweeper, best water counter and best baton passer in OU, you can debate this, but they are definately some of the best at there jobs and all fitting in nicely with my team. If you hadn't guessed the team goal is:
- To set up rocks
- Then sandstorm
- The remove walls and lucario counters
- Then set up Lucario
- Then sweep with Lucario
Stages can be skipped but all of them help to achieve the final goal and paralysis can also help cripple anything.

Thanks for reading my long post, please rate! any help is apreciated, so please rate.

Last edited by george182 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:32 am; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paco
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Paco

Favorite Pokemon : Gyarados

PostSubject: Re: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 pm

everything seems pretty good except i wud sub grass knot for surf but thats just mai opinion. nice job
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

PostSubject: Re: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Paco wrote:
everything seems pretty good except i wud sub grass knot for surf but thats just mai opinion. nice job

on who, latias already has grass knot and surf? and vaporeon needs stab surf in my opnion, if you meant sub either on latias, she needs surf for type coverage and grass knot OHKO's hippowdon and gives me a swampert counter as latias can take and ice beam/ avalance on the switch (worst case sernario) and OHKO with grass knot.

But thats just my opinion lol.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:42 pm

You might want to Lead with Tyranitar to get the Sandstorm up quickly. And most of your team doesn't exactly benefit from Sandstorm so you might want to add another Rock Type (maybe).

Sword Dance and Superpower on the same set is a little contradictory so you might want to replace it with Brick Break. After a Sword Dance there aren't any important KO's Superpower gets over Brick Break. Also Life Orb with that set isn't going to help you much. You can either run 4 Hp / 252 Attack / 252 Speed or make it bulkier with Leftovers and this set, 252 Hp / 80 Attack / 176 Special Defense and add X-Scissor so you can defeat all versions of Starmie.

You have two Stealth rockers. Unnecessary. Replace Donphan since he doesn't help you much.

You might want Trick on that Latias.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

PostSubject: Re: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:08 pm

k, I have changed it around now

- Donphan is swopping for a baton pass gliscor, with roost, sword dance, aeriral ace, baton pass
- Lead jirachi
- Scizor is keeping his life orb and superpower, the extra power is needed for when I don't have a sword dance, and there is a 1hko on oposing scizor after a sword dance, as well as others, metagross, snorlax (without a SD).
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:20 pm

You should edit these changes onto the main thread so everyone can see them immediately. Also, a Hippowdon or Tyranitar really should lead an SS team. Make sure you check out the new RMT rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the sandstorm beast (Remade)   the sandstorm beast (Remade) Empty

Back to top Go down

the sandstorm beast (Remade)
Page 1 of 1