Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Dallas's interviews: Serebii

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas von Gikkingen
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Dallas von Gikkingen

Favorite Pokemon : Skarmory FTW

Dallas's interviews: Serebii Empty
PostSubject: Dallas's interviews: Serebii   Dallas's interviews: Serebii EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 5:18 pm

So I caught up with Serebii himself and hit him up with a few questions, an Interview if you like, seriously it's great
Check it out!!

Dallas: Do you see yourself still working on Serebii in about 5 years time?
Serebii: I don't know. Part of me says yes, part of me says no. It's a tricky proposition as a lot can change in 5 years

D: How much fun is it working on Serebii?
S: It varies. Sometimes it's fun, others it is complete torture. I do enjoy covering the games as they come out, but certain other webmasters push me to end up having to work fast at detriment to my health and my enjoyment of the game. As such, with games I tend to have the "Play for Site" with the Japanese version and the "Play for Fun" with the US version

D: Do you have plans for future innovative projects on Serebii?
S: Yeah, there are several project ideas I have on the go. These will make the site more complete and further cement it as the place to go for any information about the franchise

D: How long did it take you to set-up Serebii fully?
S: I have been doing this for the last 10 years

D: Have you hosted sites in the past as well as Serebii?
S: Nope, it has just been Serebii.net

D: Do you plan on hosting any Pokemon Tournaments in the future?
If so, Do you know roughly when that will be?
S: I don't really do tournements but we have the Official Serebii League on the forums.

D: Have you read the Pokemon Manga? if so, do you enjoy it?
S: I honestly have not read any Manga, but I have been told by my friends who have that several iterations of Pokémon Manga are good.

D: Serebii is an extremely popular site and community now, how did it get this big?
S: When I started out, there were many big sites as the Internet boom had just started. What I tried to do was essentially imitate those sites in being a general site, but when 2002 hit and the RS run-up began, I matured and the site matured and we began covering things as they happened and were released in Japan, which the other sites didn't really do. From there, the site became popular, getting more and more popular every year.

D: Do you enjoy watching the Anime? if so, how much?
S: I don't watch the animé as much as I used to but it is good

D: Can you give any tips for fellow Pokemon site designers out there?
S: Sure. Find a niché, something nobody really touches upon. Imitation is the highest form of flattery but being the same style of site as every other site is not a good way for sites to get noticed

D: And finally, what's your favourite Pokemon? Im guessing the answer's the obvious?
S: It is Celebi, but there are a few others which are worth noting; Shaymin Sky Forme, Gliscor, Mow Rotom, Lucario & Charizard. I actually used them as a team at one point and took a picture of them in one of the photo opportunities in SoulSilver

Well, that's it, look out for more of Dallas's Interviews!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nintendospace.powerguild.net
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: Dallas's interviews: Serebii   Dallas's interviews: Serebii EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:41 am

Wow sweet, you're so lucky you got to talk to him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
Brad64
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
Brad64

Favorite Pokemon : Pikachu and Jirachi not to mention Mew

PostSubject: Re: Dallas's interviews: Serebii   Dallas's interviews: Serebii EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:46 am

My Friends Friend Friend Is the owner of Serebii. Ps The reason He called it Serebii is because Celebi's Japanese name is Serebii. My Friend Knows Serebii
Back to top Go down
Dallas von Gikkingen
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Dallas von Gikkingen

Favorite Pokemon : Skarmory FTW

PostSubject: Re: Dallas's interviews: Serebii   Dallas's interviews: Serebii EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Brad that info IS sort of well known but yeah
thats cool that you actually have some sort of connection to Serebii
now I need to meet someone who knows you in person, aceness
Back to top Go down
http://www.nintendospace.powerguild.net
Brad64
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
Brad64

Favorite Pokemon : Pikachu and Jirachi not to mention Mew

PostSubject: Re: Dallas's interviews: Serebii   Dallas's interviews: Serebii EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 12:55 pm

It's kinda cool I wish I met him. I don't play with my friend anymore because we had a sleepover and something set off his mom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dallas's interviews: Serebii   Dallas's interviews: Serebii Empty

Back to top Go down

Dallas's interviews: Serebii
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic Talk :: Everything Else-
Jump to: