Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Is It A Bit Hot In Here?

Go down 
+2
Jude
►AJ29◄
6 posters
AuthorMessage
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Empty
PostSubject: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 am

If there are ANY people who can even try and advise on a NU team... please do :sad:

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa189Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa049Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa244Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Gsctrainer42Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa182Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa351Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa486

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa189
Jumpluff (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Sunny Day
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Encore/Leech Seed/Synthesis

Comments: Right my lead. It’s pretty obvious what it does. If you outspeed use Sleep Powder... If you don’t then use Sunny Day. After Sunny Day this little powderpuff has 700 Speed. Pretty fast. That can counter Yanmega leads that use Protect the first turn So you can definitely get the Sleep Powder off on them. U-Turn to get the hell out once you’re finished. I’m not sure whether Encore’s a good idea or not, maybe Synthesis instead becasuse of the nice 75% healing or Leech Seed for draining.
---

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa049
Venomoth (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Sunny Day
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder

Comments: This is the T-Spiker. Pretty useless in my opinion… dunno why I have it here really. Any suggestions to replace it with maybe a Physical Attacker would be great. Provides more sleep and can set up entry hazards and a nice 90BP STAB move on there too.
---

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa244
Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 184 HP/176 Spd/148 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power Ice/Ground/Grass
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

This thing is a beast and that’s putting it lightly. I got 5 CMs set up and managed to OHKO 4 Pokémon with Fire Blast. (Regice being one of them was easily OHKOd despite its amazing SpDef) I think it’s pretty obvious what it does. It just sweeps. I don’t know which HP to use though, because I have a move of all the types on the team and I’m really not sure what causes the biggest threat to me that Fire Blast can’t KO. Maybe Grass because Water Pokémon will wall me otherwise.
---

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa182
Bellossom (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/6 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb

Comments: The little 1’04” star of the show. Now this is an amazing Special Sweeper and no-one expects a tiny little Pokémon to come out with this massive power it has. HP Fire gets the Sunny Day boost and Leaf Storm is its only STAB move but has a massive 210 Base Power after the boost and the Life Orb’s 30% boost as well means it is nothing to laugh at (273 BP now o.o). Sludge Bomb can hit anything hard that doesn’t resist and the 30% Chance of Poison is always nice. Synthesis recovers my Life Orb damage and in the Sun can heal and amazing 75% of my HP. Speed is doubled to (a still measly) 270 but Bellossom isn’t the fastest of Pokémon and the Bulk from the HP EVs is really useful. This little thing has helped me out of many situations as no-one expects it to be as powerful as it really is
---

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa351
Castform (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Forecast
EVs: 80 Def/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
- Weather Ball

Comments: This is a little sweeper of sorts. Weather Ball gets a nice STAB and Sunny Day boost Solarbeam is a handy 120 Power move that can be fired straight off in the Sun and the other moveslot is a toss up. I don’t have either on any other Pokémon on the team so I’m really not sure which to use. It’s not as if Ice Beam is going to be hitting dragons in NU is it?
---

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpmfa486
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/180 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Comments: Well this is a Wall and the only one on the team. Slow Start is an annoyance but if I can stall out long enough it can then be used to attack better. 178 Atk is measly but when the 5 turns are up it becomes 356 which is good considering there are no EVs in it. Fire Punch gets the good old Sunny Day Boost and EQ is really there for a bit extra coverage considering it’s the only one who has a Ground Type move. Sunny Day is there. I hate Confuse Ray so I don’t want to use that and it is a Sunny Day team after all.
---

Well thanks for looking at the team. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Comment/Rate/Steal

Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpiconani189Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpiconani049Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpiconani244Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpiconani182Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpiconani351Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Dpiconani486

Last edited by ►AJ29◄ on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 am

I'll just go ahead and say brilliant dude, I like it
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:47 am

Jude wrote:
I'll just go ahead and say brilliant dude, I like it

Thanks. These teams are so underrated but they're infact pretty good. Well it's good in NU anyway.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:56 am

I recognise this!

I didn't actually have a clue what castform did, I didn't even know what bellosom was which bafled me, and I thought venemoth was bug and flyging type, good team, maybe too much reliances on the sun and sleep.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:04 am

george182 wrote:
I recognise this!

I didn't actually have a clue what castform did, I didn't even know what bellosom was which bafled me, and I thought venemoth was bug and flyging type, good team, maybe too much reliances on the sun and sleep.

Lol I remember. It is good in NU though from what I've done.
I wish there was a Pokémon with Drought that could be used.
Exeggutor isn't a problem thanks to the Fire I use in there.... I think it was you who said that.. and I wasn't sure whether I should use it myself but I don't like its big bug weakness nor any of the others it's as bad as Celebi for those.
Back to top Go down
Lilcrazy
Common Poster
Common Poster
Lilcrazy

Badges : Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Form
Favorite Pokemon : Espeon

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I would say use exeggutor instead of bellossom because it has explosion and higher base special attack.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Lilcrazy wrote:
I would say use exeggutor instead of bellossom because it has explosion and higher base special attack.

I could do but I personally prefer Bellossom... Don't exactly know why.
I'll test it out.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 pm

exeggutor with sunny day and it's abilty which doubles it's speed means it can sweep with solar beam, it doesn't need to take a bug hit it is for late game, and a late game could help this NU team, he is NU he has the highest special attack out of all chlorphyl pokemon, making a solar beam sweep easy, sleep powder can also be used and sunny day can help support the team, he has alright defences and take take a priority move, bar succer punch which can be switched out of.

exeggutor is the main reason to use a sunny day team and there is a place for him, he even gets used in ubers with groudon support.

P.s. he can EXPLODE! which is more for fun than anything other move and bellosom can't explode

Last edited by george182 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't spell)
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 pm

george182 wrote:
exeggutor with sunny day and it's abilty which doubles it's speed means it can sweep with solar beam, it doesn't need to take a bug hit it is for late game, and a late game could help this NU team, he is NU he has the highest special attack out of all chlorphyl pokemon, making a solar beam sweep easy, sleep powder can also be used and sunny day can help support the team, he has alright defences and take take a priority move, bar succer punch which can be switched out of.

exeggutor is the main reason to use a sunny day team and there is a place for him, he even gets used in ubers with groudon support.

P.s. he can EXPLODE! which is more for fun than anything other move and bellosom can't explode

I personally would stick with the same moveset on Exeggutor as Bellossom has if I change it. (I'll change EVs obviously)
I have enough Pokémone with Sunny Day and Synthesis can come in real handy if I need to use it. I'm not sure.
I just don't like the fact it has so many weaknesses. I'll definately try it out but like I say I prefer Bellossom (I think sentiment more than anything)
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

►AJ29◄ wrote:
george182 wrote:

I personally would stick with the same moveset on Exeggutor as Bellossom has if I change it. (I'll change EVs obviously)
I have enough Pokémone with Sunny Day and Synthesis can come in real handy if I need to use it. I'm not sure.
I just don't like the fact it has so many weaknesses. I'll definately try it out but like I say I prefer Bellossom (I think sentiment more than anything)

exeggutor isn't meant to be a healing wall though, he is a sweeper, and you don't have any sweepers, surely someone more bulky can get synethsis like tortera (might be UU) or something else NU, but hidden power fire and solar beam is a good combo, with sleep powder and explosion/sunny day/synethesis, but like you said he has too many weaknesses to make use of synthesis and he is a late game pokemon.
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 pm

george182 wrote:
exeggutor isn't meant to be a healing wall though, he is a sweeper, and you don't have any sweepers, surely someone more bulky can get synethsis like tortera (might be UU) or something else NU, but hidden power fire and solar beam is a good combo, with sleep powder and explosion/sunny day/synethesis, but like you said he has too many weaknesses to make use of synthesis and he is a late game pokemon.

Torterra is UU.

So Exeggutor with
HP Fire
SolarBeam
Explosion
Sunny Day

Could work but I'll check Exeggutors movepool... I really don't think that late game if I can get Sunny Day up before Exeggutor (With Jumpluff thats 8 turns) would he need it?
You've only got Sludge Bomb and Psychic... Both have redundant coverage as HP Fire sees to Grass... Psychic could work for Poison Types like Muk I guess?
Back to top Go down
lopunny1991
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
lopunny1991

Favorite Pokemon : lopunnyc

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Very good for NU's but I like using NU tier against OU tiers so in that castform I would put Ice beam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/79947/lopunny1991.html
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:32 pm

lopunny1991 wrote:
Very good for NU's but I like using NU tier against OU tiers so in that castform I would put Ice beam.

I have tested both and it is more effective with Ice Beam in OU. I will stick with T-Bolt for the lower Tiers though.
Back to top Go down
Cooper
Cooper

Favorite Pokemon : Luxray! RAWR

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:01 am

Great team, AJ. I always loved sunny day.
Maybe this has already been said but flamethrower over fire blast on entei.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is It A Bit Hot In Here?   Is It A Bit Hot In Here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is It A Bit Hot In Here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver :: Rate My Team-
Jump to: