Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Swampert OU Pokemon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisDPG
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
ChrisDPG

Favorite Pokemon : Charmeleon

Swampert OU Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Swampert
Swampert OU Pokemon 260-m

Type:Ground/Water

Abilities:
--------

Water-type moves' power is booted by 50% when hp is at 1/3 or less.

Stats Min- Min Max Max+
HP 100 341 404
Atk 110 230 256 319 350
Def 90 194 216 279 306
SpA 85 185 206 269 295
SpD 90 194 216 279 306
Spe 60 140 156 219 240

Choice Specs Swampert ~ AJ29
Swampert @ Choice Specs
Modest/Quiet
Bulkier EVs: 252 HP/150 Def/ 106 SpAtk
Power EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpAtk
Moves
~ HP Grass
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Earth Power/Earthquake

Well, no-one will see it coming.
HP Grass has a slight chance of killing an opposing Swampert so if you invest more in SpAtk you can definately OHKO it. (I think about 86-105% it can do)
Ice Beam and Surf are obvious moves really as they give more coverage hit Dragons and Grass types that threaten Swampert.

Earth Power vs EQ

Well you can use it on the Physical side if you want but you might as well get Specs Boost.
Earthquake can suprise people again if they know you're Specsed and has 10BP more power than Earth Power.

Bulky Phazer ~ ChrisDPG
Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish
EV Set: 252 HP, 200 Def, 56 Sp. Def
-Roar
-EQ
-Waterfall
-Toxic

This EV spread gives it 404 HP, 292 Defense, and 198 Sp. Defense, keeping this thing going strong at least for a little while. Take this thing out on something trying to set up and roar them away. Stay clear of grass moves as they will definitely make you regret taking this out on it. Roar away something then toxic. If they get a bad matchup against Swampert they will most likely switch out to something else that will meet a toxic greeting. With 256 Atk it can still do some damage, although it won't likely be sweeping anything.

Sub-Punch Swampert ~ ChrisDPG
Swampert @ Leftovers
Careful
EV Set: 252 HP, 176 Atk, 80 Def
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-EQ
-Waterfall

The base HP stat would make max hp 404, enough to withstand a seismic toss if blissey is stupid enough to stay in. With the lowered speed it can take an attack and then sub, open to focus punch the next turn. There is nothing else to say about this set, except for the fact that you could maybe replace waterfall with toxic for a stall.

Last edited by ChrisDPG on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bosshog
Bosshog

Favorite Pokemon : THE HONCH!

PostSubject: Re: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 2:17 am

ChrisDPG wrote:
Swampert
Swampert OU Pokemon Swampert

Abilities:
--------

Stats Min- Min Max Max+
HP 100 341 404
Atk 110 230 256 319 350
Def 90 194 216 279 306
SpA 85 185 206 269 295
SpD 90 194 216 279 306
Spe 60 140 156 219 240

Swampert @ Choice Specs ~ AJ29
Modest/Quiet
Moves
~ HP Grass
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Earth Power/Earthquake

HP Grass has a slight chance of killing an opposing Swampert so if you invest more in SpAtk you can definately OHKO it. (I think about 86-105% it can do)
Ice Beam and Surf are obvious moves really as they give more coverage hit Dragons and Grass types that threaten Swampert.

Earth Power vs EQ

Well you can use it on the Physical side if you want but you might as well get Specs Boost.
Earthquake can suprise people again if they know you're Specsed and has 10BP more power than Earth Power.

Full SpAtt Swampert, in my opinion, is very very bad. Yes you have the type coverage but it cant do nearly as much damage as a physical Swampert does. Mix sets are better if you're going to use any special attacks what so ever and even then you don't want to put too many special attack ev's into a set like that since you are going to be taking bigger hits and not dealing the best damage. As for Earthquake it is always the better choice over Earthpower. Bigger damage for a bigger stab move. All in all, i believe a full spatt version of swampert will always lose no matter what.

As for the Bulky version, smogon has a good one but it runs more defense ev's. I dont like it anyway. I believe if your going to run a Swampert, you should forget about special attack because you still have amazing coverage and moves to rely on without special attacks. Avalance > Ice Beam Waterfall > Surf

Choice Specs = bad. Swamperts Mediocre speed will mean it cant get a single attack off to utilize his special attack boost. Your opponents will know this too and assuming they know how to predict basic attacks, they can send in a pokemon that can resist the attacks or they can just keep it in and say good game and use a grass move. Most Gengar's run Energy Ball now a days so yeah.

Just stick with normal spreeds is what i would say in a nutshell. Swampert has made his mark as a great physical attacker and with his very very slow speed, choice specs just wont do it. Mainly because he is stuck in that one move and is forced to switch and the only reason that Choice Band Swampert is just so good is because of the very specific ev spreed needed to run him because he needs to take that hit since they are usually always slower.

Best bet with that Swampert is to get a Baton Passer that can pass a speed boost and a nasty plot so he has the speed and the power to back it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/bosshog
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Yeah. Like I say it's more novelty than anything but it's just being a little creative.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 am

most swamperts go mized so you won't be surprising and physical walls, and you will just be walled to death by special walls. The only advanatge I see is a OHKO with hidden powers, and grass only achieves that on swampert, fire could be useful for forretress scizor, scarm and HP electric for gyrados and water types like starmie.

choice specs metagross is much more threatning and has much more potential to surprise physical walls and intimadators, metagross also has grass knot and can have hidden power electric, metagross also has bas 95 special attack which mkes it easy to pull off an effective specs set.

something like this:

Physchic/ flash cannon
Hidden power fire/ electric/ ice
Grass Knot/ icy wind/ signal beam
Explosion/ trick
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Get some of the more standard sets on, and I'll sticky this. Also use the Platinum Sprites for all pictures other than special RMT's

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/260-m.png

By the way Chris, this is Sumeet from FEAR =P
Back to top Go down
ChrisDPG
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
ChrisDPG

Favorite Pokemon : Charmeleon

PostSubject: Re: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:28 am

Bosshog wrote:
ChrisDPG wrote:
Swampert
Swampert OU Pokemon Swampert

Abilities:
--------

Stats Min- Min Max Max+
HP 100 341 404
Atk 110 230 256 319 350
Def 90 194 216 279 306
SpA 85 185 206 269 295
SpD 90 194 216 279 306
Spe 60 140 156 219 240

Swampert @ Choice Specs ~ AJ29
Modest/Quiet
Moves
~ HP Grass
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Earth Power/Earthquake

Earth Power vs EQ

Full SpAtt Swampert, in my opinion, is very very bad. Yes you have the type coverage but it cant do nearly as much damage as a physical Swampert does. Mix sets are better if you're going to use any special attacks what so ever and even then you don't want to put too many special attack ev's into a set like that since you are going to be taking bigger hits and not dealing the best damage. As for Earthquake it is always the better choice over Earthpower. Bigger damage for a bigger stab move. All in all, i believe a full spatt version of swampert will always lose no matter what.

As for the Bulky version, smogon has a good one but it runs more defense ev's. I dont like it anyway. I believe if your going to run a Swampert, you should forget about special attack because you still have amazing coverage and moves to rely on without special attacks. Avalance > Ice Beam Waterfall > Surf

Choice Specs = bad. Swamperts Mediocre speed will mean it cant get a single attack off to utilize his special attack boost. Your opponents will know this too and assuming they know how to predict basic attacks, they can send in a pokemon that can resist the attacks or they can just keep it in and say good game and use a grass move. Most Gengar's run Energy Ball now a days so yeah.

Just stick with normal spreeds is what i would say in a nutshell. Swampert has made his mark as a great physical attacker and with his very very slow speed, choice specs just wont do it. Mainly because he is stuck in that one move and is forced to switch and the only reason that Choice Band Swampert is just so good is because of the very specific ev spreed needed to run him because he needs to take that hit since they are usually always slower.

Best bet with that Swampert is to get a Baton Passer that can pass a speed boost and a nasty plot so he has the speed and the power to back it up.

Yuh, ya know you can just post another set instead of going through every "flaw" in a set. I don't think it is needed, so please just make a new stategy. Each strategy has its own creativeness that is useful in different situations. A small suggestion is okay but ripping apart a set is not.

New set added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swampert OU Pokemon   Swampert OU Pokemon Empty

Back to top Go down

Swampert OU Pokemon
Page 1 of 1