Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Empty
PostSubject: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 12:58 pm

For the good of the RMT section on Shaywin, I've made this RMT so you can learn to make a RMT with a proper and good-looking format. Makes notes that descriptions, pictures and Ev's all make the RMT easy to read and quick to rate.

Take a Gander...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) 407-mAn "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) 130-mAn "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) 135-mAn "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Frlgemtr124An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) 385An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) 373-mAn "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) 106

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Roserade
Roserade@Focus Sash
4 Hp / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
-Leaf Storm
-Toxic Spikes
-HP [Ground]
-Sleep Powder

Comments and Suggestions: Roserade really starts off the show with Toxic Spikes which really help with setting up, especially on Blissey. Leaf Storm is a powerful STAB move and does massive damage, especially with a Super Effective hit. Sleep Powder helps with difficult leads and random Pokemon during the match. HP [Ground] hits Metagross leads and Heatran for Super Effective damage since Heatran expects to wall Roserade's with HP [Fire]. The only loss is losing coverage on Scizor but Gyarados handles him well.

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Gyarados
Gyarados@Leftovers
84 Hp / 252 Attack / 168 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Waterfall
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Bounce

Comments and Suggestions: With the stallish nature of Sub-Bounce Dos, he works perfectly well with Toxic Spikes support. The Ev's guarantee me out speeding Max Speed Jolteon after a single Dragon Dance. 84 Ev's in HP give me some bulk to work off of. Waterfall and Bounce have excellent coverage as well.

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Jolteon
Jolteon@Choice Specs
4 Hp / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-HP [Grass]
-Shadow Ball
-Baton Pass

Comments and Suggestions: I shouldn't have to explain this, just plain huge damage. Baton Pass might need a little explaining though. If it's early in the game I'll just Baton Pass to scout my opponent's Jolteon counters.

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Jirachi
Jirachi@Leftovers
252 Hp / 80 Special Attack / 176 Speed
Timid Nature
-Flash Cannon
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Calm Mind

Comments and Suggestions: Another easy set up with Toxic Spikes, and gets me some key resistances. He has excellent coverage, only resisted by Swampert and Electric types. He can easily set up on Blissey and out speeds Neutral natured Salamence and Lucario who can try to revenge kill a weakened Jirachi.

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Salamence
Salamence@Leftovers
252 Hp / 180 Defense / 76 Speed
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake

Comments and Suggestions: Another bulky sweeper...getting tired of this amirite? Don't worry the next one is different ^_^. He is walled to no end by Skarmory and Bronzong but they are taken care of other members here. Setting up with Toxic Spikes aren't hard while his counters are dealing with increasing poison. After a couple of Dragon Dances he can really sweep entire teams by himself. Roost removes one weakness and weakens another while healing himself. Dragon Dance explains itself =P

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Hitmonlee
Hitmonlee@Choice Scarf
40 Hp / 252 Attack / 216 Speed
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick

Comments and Suggestions: He looks like he's running the New York marathon doesn't he? With Choice Scarf and these ev's he generates 396 Speed which outspeeds quite a lot of OU and a couple Scarf'ers there too. Stone Edge makes the Dragons who wall him afraid to come in. Close Combat hits extremely hard and I need to be careful with Ghosts switching in and Blaze Kick handles them. Earthquake has good coverage albeit redundant with Close Combat.

There you go Shaywin, you're first Jude RMT (expect a lot more) =P.

Last edited by Jude on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paco
Forum Noob
Forum Noob
Paco

Favorite Pokemon : Gyarados

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 10:09 pm

good team sumeet except u wud change baton pass on jolteon to signal beam. otherwise it's good Wink
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:37 am

Baton Pass reveals Jirachi counters so I can take them out with Hitmonlee
Back to top Go down
Ijjob
Ijjob

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:25 am

Well, any lead that is faster than you and has taunt can mess up you using toxic spikes or sleep powder (azelf and aerodactyl), but they can be hit by leaf storm.

Gyrados looks ok, but if bounce is for paralysis support, that won't do much good if you've got toxic spikes up. Only threat to the flying/water combo is Empoleon.

Jolteon is a nice specs user, and using baton pass over signal beam is fine. You'll only get coverage against grass and dark, but your other pokes can handle them anyways.

Jirachi has the typical set, but gets mauled by Magnezone that pack HP fire (which most do). Flash cannon is nice if a T-tar thinks you have psychic Very Happy.

I've never really used this Mence before, so I don't know the extent of his "bulkiness". Him intimidating something will probably force them into switching, which is a free dragon dance.

Hitmonlee is an excellent scarf user. Great coverage and attack are a big plus. I haven't seen him much in OU, but with his coverage and attack, he should do quite well!

So, overall, nice team. Good luck with it in future battles!
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks for the in depth rate now onto my reply...

On general Taunt leads I will attack because Taunt is so glaringly obvious. I might even switch to be able to get Spikes up later, like against leads like Jirachi.

Gyarados is there to take full advantage of Toxic Spikes support since it is the most stallish Gyara other than Rest Talk...which I can't stand lol.

Magnezone really does screw Jirachi over but Hitmonlee can get the suprise kill on it or I can simply work it into a corner...

Thanks for the rate
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:53 am

You have a lot of set up pokemon, and you could make good use of light screen and reflect which halve the damadge recieved. Jirachi can set these up and u-turn out. Cresselia is the best poke to set up the screens with massive hp defence and special defence and cress can lunar dance to fully heal a weakned poke, and lunar dance kicks in before stealth rocks so gyrados and salamnace become ready to sweep even when considered dead to stealth rocks e.g. 1hp.

I would suggest a different lead, your team forces a lot of switches and therefore stealth rocks would be benificial, you also have some stealh rock weaknesses and therefore a taunt lead can stop these, lead aerodactyl would be my suggestion and the extra electric weakness can help heal jolteon, but a fake out, taunt, counter/ night slash/ pursuit, ice punch/ shard weavile stops almost all leads getting up stealth rocks, and A lack of stealth rocks can help intimidate switching on a pokemon e.g. lucario who has anoyingly got a sword dance up. Lead electrode can stop all leads getting uo stealth rocks as he is the fastest taunter and can replace jolteon, if you like UU's, freeing up some spaces. Your team has no need to fear blissey?

magnezone will probably run away from hitmonlee if it is locked into hidden power fire, dugtrio however can trap magnezone and also he can switch in on electic attacks that threaten gyrados (and aerodactyl if you use him). I personal don't see the need for hitmonlee, is he a revenge killer? but dugtio makes a better revenge killer.

"baton pass reveals jirachi counters" Jirachi can sub up as a counter switches in, do you mean jolteon counters?

Hope I helped Smile
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:58 pm

I considered a Dual Screen team originally but I decided against it. Dual Screen requires me to use only physical or only special sweepers, which I'm not willing to do.

A taunt lead? Possibility worth it. I haven't seen a problem with it yet. Maybe I can add a spinner or better yet...Anti lead Starmie.

I honestly don't like Dugtrio. It's waaaay too easy to set up on.

I'll consider Anti lead Starmie, thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
george182
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
george182

Favorite Pokemon : Dugtrio, got to love em.

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:04 am

"Jirachi has the typical set, but gets mauled by Magnezone that pack HP fire "

thunderbolt does more damadge than hidden power fire becuase of stab, most people don't realise this and therefore it is an adavantage for the oponent to have hp fire, as like you, they will probably think it does more damadge and use hp fire.

hp fire = 140 (with super effective damadge)
thunder bolt = 142.5 (with stab)
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 am

That's not all that important though...lol. Does anyone sense the RMT forum is becoming a little bland? I'm willing to take some suggestions on how to fix this.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:16 am

I've unstickyied this...I think you guys have got the general idea
Back to top Go down
►AJ29◄
►AJ29◄

Badges : Heart Gold FC: 1591-3926-9076
Favorite Pokemon : Slugmaz are the new Mudkipz

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:41 am

Re-stickied as it's useful for people who don't know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AJ29FF12
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)   An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help) Empty

Back to top Go down

An "Examplary" RMT (Sort-of tribute to Jude's help)
Page 1 of 1