Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

Little Cup?

Go down 
+2
SecondHeartbeat
starryday
6 posters
AuthorMessage
starryday
starryday

Favorite Pokemon : Camerupt

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:32 am

I know, obviously, the standard metagame is the most popular. However, I've been researching and working on possibly starting to get into the Little Cup metagame. But, since it's not very popular, I want to see if anyone would be willing to join me in this endeavor. I'm working on breeding for LC pokemon and will probably have some up for trade in the near future. I'm also practicing my LC EVing skills(much harder and more complex to compile spreads than regular EVing, as you might imagine... but also more fun, i think), and may decide to offer services at some point.

I think a Shaywin LC tournament or league would be fun and unique for the site, but before I put any more time or effort into perfecting a LC team, I want to see if I'll have any competition.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

Favorite Pokemon : Spiritomb/Honchkrow/Dusknoir

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:28 pm

starryday wrote:
I know, obviously, the standard metagame is the most popular. However, I've been researching and working on possibly starting to get into the Little Cup metagame. But, since it's not very popular, I want to see if anyone would be willing to join me in this endeavor. I'm working on breeding for LC pokemon and will probably have some up for trade in the near future. I'm also practicing my LC EVing skills(much harder and more complex to compile spreads than regular EVing, as you might imagine... but also more fun, i think), and may decide to offer services at some point.

I think a Shaywin LC tournament or league would be fun and unique for the site, but before I put any more time or effort into perfecting a LC team, I want to see if I'll have any competition.

:3 I wanna make a LC team now

I'd join and help out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tr4q
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
Tr4q

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:29 pm

Me too I'm thinking my first team will be sandstorm stall stockpile recover toxic lileep!
Back to top Go down
Shaywin
Admin
Shaywin

Favorite Pokemon : Jumpluff

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:37 pm

Totally seems as a great idea to promote little cup, but it may be on shoddy since a lot of people only have ev'd fully evolved Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
https://shaywin.forumotion.com
starryday
starryday

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:44 pm

I'd be okay with shoddy LC battles! =D I'm just pumped to get into it, cause it looks fun and despite being more complicated, I kinda understand it a little better than standard play.
Back to top Go down
Tr4q
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
Tr4q

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:27 pm

Does anyone know how to get 236 evs on a lv 5 pokemon?
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Yep. Well, I know how to EV lvl 1 pokemon. They have to be fully EVd by level 5.

Exp. Share + Switching Pokemon + Defeating Low-Levelled Pokemon = minimal experience possible.

Basically, I put an Exp Share on at least 3 other pokemon besides what I'm training, and then I switch to another pokemon to defeat the pokemon I'm battling for EVs. Definitely use the lowest levelled pokemon possible to EV. So, Bidoof for HP, Starly for Speed, Shinx for Attack, Budew for Special Attack, Geodude or Kricketot for Defense. And I'm not sure what would be good to use for Special Defense. Haven't had a poke that needed SpD EVs yet.
Back to top Go down
Tr4q
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
Tr4q

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:39 pm

starryday wrote:
Yep. Well, I know how to EV lvl 1 pokemon. They have to be fully EVd by level 5.

Exp. Share + Switching Pokemon + Defeating Low-Levelled Pokemon = minimal experience possible.

Basically, I put an Exp Share on at least 3 other pokemon besides what I'm training, and then I switch to another pokemon to defeat the pokemon I'm battling for EVs. Definitely use the lowest levelled pokemon possible to EV. So, Bidoof for HP, Starly for Speed, Shinx for Attack, Budew for Special Attack, Geodude or Kricketot for Defense. And I'm not sure what would be good to use for Special Defense. Haven't had a poke that needed SpD EVs yet.
Wow I never thought about using 6 EXP. Share.
I ran some calcs and the best is six pokemon with EXP.Share pokemon you want to ev not battling.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

Favorite Pokemon : Spiritomb/Honchkrow/Dusknoir

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:43 pm

starryday wrote:

Hey since LC is lvl 5 and shiz... why not just make it NFE with first level pokemon ._. cause.. its kinda hard to throw EVs on a lvl 5 without using fast EV or it being Sav'd
Back to top Go down
starryday
starryday

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Quote :
Hey since LC is lvl 5 and shiz... why not just make it NFE with first level pokemon ._. cause.. its kinda hard to throw EVs on a lvl 5 without using fast EV or it being Sav'd

That would work too, I s'pose. It'd still be fun, but the only problem is that there's so much less variation between the stats. It's not as challenging, because most pokemon are going to have almost the same stats. At least at level 5 there's a bit more seperation between a good and bad poke. But lvl 1 would work too.
Back to top Go down
fusions
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Favorite Pokemon : brelloom, mudkip, and latios

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:57 pm

it seems like no more shoddy LC
Back to top Go down
Brad64
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
Brad64

Favorite Pokemon : Pikachu and Jirachi not to mention Mew

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Regigigas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Little Cup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Cup?   Little Cup? Empty

Back to top Go down

Little Cup?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver :: Pokemon Center-
Jump to: