Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start your journey to success now! Pokemon; Battle, Trade, Chat, and much more! The best accurate resource for all your Pokemon needs! Everything you need is here!

Shaywin HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat

Go down 
+5
future237
Shaywin
Nexus
temo
SecondHeartbeat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

Favorite Pokemon : Spiritomb/Honchkrow/Dusknoir

EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat Empty
PostSubject: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Table Of Contents

• EVs. What are they?

• Vitamins, and how they help you.

• Berries, and how they help you.

• Pokerus

• Power Items/Macho Brace

• List of best places to EV

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EVs. What are they?
[center]EVs or Effort Values. Sometimes known as Effort Points (EP). Every time you fight a pokemon you gain a certain EV. Each pokemon you fight can give you 1-3 EVs in a certain stat. Some even give you 1 EV in one stat and 2 in another. Each time you gain 4 EVs in a certain stat you gain +1 stat point at level 100. You can have a total of 510 EVs for every pokemon, but only 255 EVs in a stat. That means you can train a pokemon in 2 stats with 252 EVs. Having an extra 4 to put in whichever stat you want to add +1 too. A total of 127 extra points is added to your pokemon. 63 if you decide to 'max out' or using 252 EVs in a stat.

Vitamins, and how they help you.
Vitamins are helpful while EV training, BUT are in no way necessary.

Vitamins add an extra 10 EVs to an Untrained (UT) stat. You can successfully add 10 EVs with each vitamin until you reach 100 EVs. (10 Vitamins)
The Vitamins include
HP UP-HP
Protein-Attack
Iron-Defense
Calcium-Sp.Atk
Zinc-Sp.Def
Carbos-Speed

They are very helpful, but can get a little expinsive

Berries, and how they help you.
510 EVs is quite a bit to keep up with. If you EV incorrectly there is however a solution to your problem.
Berries.
Certain berries reduce your Pokemon's EVs, these berries include
Pomeg berry- Reduces HP
Kelpsy berry- Reduces Attack
Qualot berry- Reduces Defense
Hondew berry- Reduces Sp.Atk
Grepa berry- Reduces Sp.Def
Tomato berry- Reduces Speed

The first berry you use takes your pokemon's stat back to 100 EVs.
After that each berry takes away 10 EVs.

Pokerus

Pokerus is a helpful little 'disease' when it comes to EV Training. Pokerus doubles the amount of EVs you gain from each pokemon you battle. So if your fighting Graveler for +2 Defense EVs. You will now gain +4. You doulble the EVs after you add the Power Items/Macho Brace (which we will cover later)

Power Items/Macho Brace

First we'll start with the macho brace, its just like Pokerus it doubles your EV gain. If you have pokerus and the Macho brace your EVs will be doubled twice. Say your fighting Bidoof for +1 HP EV 1*2 is 2 then adding pokerus 2*2 is 4.

The Power items are a bit different. and are easier to use than macho brace. The only thing is, there are 6 of them rather than just 1 macho brace.
The Power items add +4 to your EV yeild. So if your getting the +1 from bidoof its 1+4 making 5. If your pokemon has Pokerus it makes 5*2 making 10 EVs per Bidoof.

The power items include
Power Weight - HP
Power Bracer - Attack
Power Belt - Defence
Power Lens - Sp.Atk
Power Band - Sp.Def
Power Anklet - Speed

List of Best Places to EV train

HP- Right outside of Pastoria city. On route 212 there is a pond, surf on it and you will only find Wooper and Quagsire (+1 & +2 HP EVs)
Another great pokemon is Bidoof. They are in abundance just about everywhere you go. They are +1 HP

Attack - If you use Super Rod in Verity Lake you will always catch Gyarados and Seaking, each are 2 Attack EVs

Defense- Inside the Ruin Maniac's cave there are Geodude and Hippopatas, each are 1 Defense EV

Sp.Atk- The Old Chatue is the best place, since you always find Gastly and sometimes Haunter (+1 & +2 Sp.Atk EVs)

Sp.Def - Ah, yes Sp.Def training. Its annoying to train since the only abundant pokemon is Tentacruel/Tentacool. Off of Sunyshore City you will find Tentacruel which are +2 Sp.Def EVs

Speed- Fishing with Old Rod on just about any body of water will give you Magikarp which are +1 speed EVs
Starly are also another abundant source of Speed EVs each are worth 1 speed EV

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any Questions or Corrections/Suggestions
E-mail me at jtr512@shaywin.com

Last edited by SecondHeartbeat on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
temo
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
temo

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard, Deoxys

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:17 pm

so the specific items give +4 in any stat that you designated above right?
so if you fought a bidoof and got 1 Ev in HP and had say the item that increases attack then the attack stat would gain +4 as well and with pokerus it makes it 2 EV in HP and 8 EV in attack right?
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:54 pm

temo wrote:
so the specific items give +4 in any stat that you designated above right?
so if you fought a bidoof and got 1 Ev in HP and had say the item that increases attack then the attack stat would gain +4 as well and with pokerus it makes it 2 EV in HP and 8 EV in attack right?

yea, EVing two things at once is hard to keep track of, but yes thats how it goes
Back to top Go down
temo
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
temo

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 pm

thanks for clearing that up for me/
P.S. have you completed the pokedex because i heard from shaywin that you can request iv bred pokemon once you have the required points.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:03 pm

temo wrote:
thanks for clearing that up for me/
P.S. have you completed the pokedex because i heard from shaywin that you can request iv bred pokemon once you have the required points.

err what does that have to do with completing the pokedex?
Back to top Go down
temo
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
temo

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Well hypothetically speaking if I get the points necessary to request an iv bred pokemon and you dont have it then what. All im asking is that for your iv bred pokemon is it any pokemon that is requested or only those that you are willing to give.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 6:26 pm

temo wrote:
Well hypothetically speaking if I get the points necessary to request an iv bred pokemon and you dont have it then what. All im asking is that for your iv bred pokemon is it any pokemon that is requested or only those that you are willing to give.

wow -.-
I breed the pokemon on demand. So if you ask for something I dont have yet. I'll find one and breed it.
Back to top Go down
Nexus
Admin
Nexus

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:38 pm

also SHB the best and i mean BEST place to EV train the Speed stat is if you go left off Eterna City (grass gym leader) and the 2nd fisherman you come across who is the only one who is fishing on the right, he will have 6 Magikarps which give off +1 and you can keep challenging him with VS Seeker, they range from the levels 8 - 16 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Nexus wrote:
also SHB the best and i mean BEST place to EV train the Speed stat is if you go left off Eterna City (grass gym leader) and the 2nd fisherman you come across who is the only one who is fishing on the right, he will have 6 Magikarps which give off +1 and you can keep challenging him with VS Seeker, they range from the levels 8 - 16 Very Happy

yea I know I just didnt want to put that guy or cowgirl shelly or whatever (with the 5 bidoofs)
Back to top Go down
temo
Your Getting There
Your Getting There
temo

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 pm

thanks
I EV train right by solaceon town where there are bibarel with 2 attack evs and roselia with 2 sp attack evs along with staravia with 2 speed evs.
Back to top Go down
Shaywin
Admin
Shaywin

Favorite Pokemon : Jumpluff

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Very nice job SHB, keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
https://shaywin.forumotion.com
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:23 pm

temo wrote:
thanks
I EV train right by solaceon town where there are bibarel with 2 attack evs and roselia with 2 sp attack evs along with staravia with 2 speed evs.

yea but none of those come up as often as 100% of the time -.-
Back to top Go down
future237
Common Poster
Common Poster
future237

Favorite Pokemon : Frost Rotom. i can have food whenever i want. lol

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:48 pm

hey thanks you so much i didnt know how to do this
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Oh, lol Thanks.

I'm glad I could help.
Back to top Go down
Jude
Common Poster
Common Poster
Jude

Favorite Pokemon : Mew

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:50 pm

Excellent work SHB...I think I will give you reps =D
Back to top Go down
OneCanShortOfASixPack
OneCanShortOfASixPack

Favorite Pokemon : Persian

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:24 am

Just to add to some of the EV data here. There are a few people to hit up with VS Seeker.

HP - Cowgirl Shelly - right below the Daycare center but before the bike ramp. She has 5 Bidoofs for 1 HP EV each.
Att - Sunyshore City, bike west to the 5 fisherman. The one on the far left has 2 Gyarados with 2 Att EVs each.
Def - Cave left of Oreburgh City - low level Geodudes with 1 Def EV each.
SpAtt - Scientist Shaun - Route 212 South West of Pastoria City. 2 Alakazam for 3 SpAtt EVs each.
SpDef - Ninja Boy Davido - Defog on Routh 210 east of Celestic Town. 1 Dustox for 3 SpDef EVs.
Speed - Fisherman Andrew - Routh 205 west of Eterna City (2nd fisherman on the dock) - 6 Magikarp for 1 Speed each. (said earlier by Nexus)

Changing power items when training at these sites also helps to speed up your EV training. ie- your training for Att and Speed, you can train at Fisherman Anderw with a Power Bracer until you hit your EVs needed for Attack and then finish off what you need for speed (subtracting the 1 or 2 EVs your receiving while battling for Attack EVs). Just make sure you calculate everything in advanced and know how many Magikarps you need to face.
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:44 pm

well the only useful ones are cowgirl Shelly and fisherman Andrew. BUT Shelly isn't in platinum version (so I've been told)

and some people are too impatient to wait for Andrew to want to fight again with VS seeker

That's why I didn't include either.
Back to top Go down
Lilcrazy
Common Poster
Common Poster
Lilcrazy

Badges : EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat Form
Favorite Pokemon : Espeon

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Training Attack EVs

Head
East of Celestic town. There you'll find a patch of grass which you'll
encounter Machop for 1 point, Machoke for 2 points, and Bibarel for 2
points. There is also a chance to find meditite but it gives 1 speed
point.

Training Defense EVs

The best
place to do this is in the Ruin Maniacs cave. This is outside of where
you catch the Unknown, the tunnel you actually find the guy in. Here
you will find primarily Geodudes, though Hippotas are not completely
uncommon. Each of these guys give 1 EV point each for defense.

Training Special Attack

The
best place to train this is in the Resort Area. In this small little
town you will find a small pool of water near the bottom right-hand
corner of the town. In this pool of water you may surf, and find
Golducks. These guys give a generous 2 EV points for everyone you
faint. On top of that, they are a 100% encounter rate.

Another
place you may train special attack is in the Old Chateau, where you
will encounter Gastlies who give 1 point each 100% encounter rate. If
you have a GBA game inserted into your DS, you will also encounter
Haunter and Genagr. These guys give 2 and 3 special attack EVs
respectively.

Training Special Defense

The
best place to train this stat, is North of Sunyshore city. Surf in the
water and you'll find Tentacruels who give 2 ev points in special
defence. They are a 60% encounter rate. You will occasionally run into
Mantykes, who gives 1 Special Defense EV each.

An alternative
and possibly better place to train is in Pastoria City. East of the
Move Tutors's home you will see a pool of water. If you surf in here
you will encounter Tentacools which give 1 special defense EV each.
This is a 100% encounter.

Training Speed

The
best way is using the Versus Seeker. On Route 205, you will find many
fishermen fishing. (You get to Route 205 by exiting Eterna City via the
eastern exit.) Challenege the second fisherman from the right,
Fisherman Andrew. He has 6 Magikarps that give 1 Speed EV each.
Back to top Go down
Dserj
Common Poster
Common Poster
Dserj

Favorite Pokemon : Blaziken Typhlosion Scizor Zangoose

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:29 pm

hey is it the same for platinum???
hacing trouble finding a good spot to ev train in speed
Back to top Go down
SecondHeartbeat
Admin
SecondHeartbeat

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Dserj wrote:
hey is it the same for platinum???
hacing trouble finding a good spot to ev train in speed

the one of the first page is. I made it to work on D/P/Pt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat   EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat Empty

Back to top Go down

EV Training Guide, By Second Heartbeat
Page 1 of 1